This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Is the button issue resolved now?

After receiving a 945 a couple of months ago and seeing reports here of buttons not clicking that the up and down buttons on mine were quite squishy.

i didn't see much point exchanging at the time as replacements looked to be the same or worse.

Wondering at this stage if the issue has been fixed 100% or is it still current on new ones as otherwise this one is working ok.

For me the down button clicks if left a couple of seconds between pushes while the up button never clicks.

i'd like to know I'm getting one that's better before swapping otherwise it's not worth the inconvenience. 

I'm in Australia if that makes any difference to the batches being sent out. 

• I just sent in my 945 because of the Button issues (Up/down) - just arrived in DPD Depot yesterday. Guess it will in the Garmin Support Center Germany latest on monday.

hopefully i'll get one with that changes? Could you support me here when i tell you my RMA Number in a private Message?

• na samym urządzeniu nie widzę żadnego oznaczenia, które zawierałoby wersję „D”. Informacje o systemie w menu również nie są określone.it seems to me that technical support after the serial number is able to check what version of the watch it is. so you can write an email to them if you don't already have a device box for some reason

• Well, I have a Revision "C;" my second watch. I never thought to look at the revisions previously, but I would have to assume my first version was a Version "A" or Revision "B" as the down button on that one (Bottom left) would get lodged and also just stopped functioning altogether. 

With my current model, every button still clicks (about three months of use)--other than the bottom left button. That one is the only mushy button, but still works, so far. 

It's an Amazon purchase, but I know Garmin will take back an Amazon buy for a return/replacement as I went through a similar situation years ago with several FR 235's. They even fully refunded me for my purchase (via check). 

Has anyone had a change out over this? Did they have to send it back, or did they have a rep come and do the switch out? Just curious.

• Hello Former Member, is there a chance that some rev A watches are not or only partly affected by the button issue? Or can this develop over time? I have mixed feelings about my A-revision 945...the first press is usually bad, afterwards at the 2nd or 3rd press the click appears. Should I go for an exchange? 

• What exactly do you mean with "the click appears", thus, your buttons work and the onlye issue is the "click" sound? you need the watch to "click"??

• exactly. in the beginning all buttons were 'clicky' - one could feel that the button is actually pressed, but after a few weeks that clicky feedback at the first button press disappeared (or as some folks here say - they became mushy). fortunately the mushy effect is gone by the 2nd or 3rd button press

• My rev A is the same. Click usually comes back after 1st press when i cycle the buttons. I am also suffering the short battery life issue where it only lasts 2 to 3 days (yes I have tried everything suggested in this forum). Not happy for a 2 week old watch which cost me a fortune.

• I have a different problem - the click appears only once when I press the button for the first time after that there is no click Disappointed

All the buttons (except the start) behave this way Disappointed

Is it the Way it should be? 

• I have a different problem - the click appears only once when I press the button for the first time after that there is no click Disappointed

All the buttons (except the start) behave this way Disappointed

Is it the Way it should be? 

• I have a Rev A and my down button is fine on the initial click but the second click doesn't click and the button feels like it is jammed in. It sometimes does a double click and moves two screens.  Very annoying but I really don't want to replace it if the problem is not fixed in later revisions because the watch has been otherwise flawless.