This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Is the button issue resolved now?

After receiving a 945 a couple of months ago and seeing reports here of buttons not clicking that the up and down buttons on mine were quite squishy.

i didn't see much point exchanging at the time as replacements looked to be the same or worse.

Wondering at this stage if the issue has been fixed 100% or is it still current on new ones as otherwise this one is working ok.

For me the down button clicks if left a couple of seconds between pushes while the up button never clicks.

i'd like to know I'm getting one that's better before swapping otherwise it's not worth the inconvenience. 

I'm in Australia if that makes any difference to the batches being sent out. 

• where are you from, if I can ask?

• I think the "Rev A" refers to the revision of the box itself.   Slight smile   

• just got a Rev D of a Forerunner 945 today for my Girlfriend. Serial 5Zxxxxxx)
    guess they do not produce that many Bundles, so even my RevD-Bundle with 5Wxxxx is not the quality of the new 945 black i got today. THIS is how buttons should work. all 5 are super clicky and not a bit mushy.

I already thought my 5Wxxxx Rev D Bundle 945 is pretty good, but this is now a complete level higher.
    (still quite happy with the blue one, but it's still a big difference to this new 945)

will see how long both of them will last and work like that ;)

• Bought a 945 a week ago, clicky buttons still. Rev D, 5Z6xxxxxx.

• Mine RevD, s/n 5Z, bought last week and buttons Back a and Start/Stop have the most noticeable "double press" (first small press with small resitance does nothing and after fininishg press by higher force the action of button is performed).
    Light button almost without this behaviour.
    Up and down button then something in between. 

• I bought a new 945 last month (March 2020) and immediately noticed that the ‘Down’ button was squidgy. Repeat pressing seemed to loosen it up and then it would ‘Click.’  The ‘Up’ button now and again would have the same feeling but not as bad as the Down button. 
    Got my replacement device a few days ago and all the buttons have a nice positive Click. In the UK btw. 

• Update us in a few weeks, please.

• my fenix 6 also got this problem for enter and back button

• Revision D, mushy crunchy menu button and it's beginning to develop on the down button. Really unacceptable build quality for such a premium device. 

To give them credit, they did organize a new in-box replacement but I've decided not to take it up at the moment. I don't want to risk more issues than I have at the moment and having to re-setup, install, customize everything which I'm finally comfortable with. Will hold off until the issue is fully resolved.

• I have Rev D, 5Z6xxxxxx and the down button isn't working properly. Does have any update about the problem? Does have a new version, newer than this one?