This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

2.64 Beta Feedback Related to OHR Performance Only

We wanted to create a dedicated thread for users to provide feedback on their OHR experiences while running the latest 2.64 beta. We are looking for feedback in this thread that is very specific to this and would like to direct any feedback not related to OHR performance to our previous thread here

Any feedback on your experience while using OHR during Runs, Bike rides, and Swimming, with an emphasis on accuracy would be greatly appreciated. 

• I swam yesterday, first time with the 2.64 beta and I have to say... it´s great! My training status is finally more realistic. Before the beta, every swim activity gave me ridiculous numbers (1 aerobic/0.1 anaerobic, or so). Yesterday, 3.2/1.7 which is more accurate to reality or my body felt.

I´m not saying is super accurate (i have to do some test with another heart rate sensor) but for me it´s really a blessing this update, because my activities are mostly swimming.   

• For bike rides the OHR performance is completely useless compared to 2.50, at least for me. 2.50 registered my daily home-work bike rides just fine. 2.64 beta never gets my heart rate above 100, where it should say 140-150. I'll give it a last try tomorrow, but if it stays like this I will probably revert to 2.50 (and the hassle of the complete reset).

• The same as others have said; I find OHR deeply unreliable for any activity and normally wear an HRM Run.  I forgot to put it on for my ride home today and recorded and average of 87bpm with OHR, at least 60 bpm lower than usual, and more in line with a gentle walk for me.

• Yesterday I upgraded from 2.64 to the new 2.70. Since 2.64 my FR945 had the OHR ‘accuracy‘ of my 4 year old Fitbit ChargeHR during bike rides. Sadly 2.70 is still the same or maybe even worse. For running I use a heart rate strap, but for my day to day bike rides OHR was good enough and although they were not reflected in the step score, at least the intensity minutes were counted. Now OHR during cycling is completely broken.

• It's working great for me, very similar results in pool to the ones of my hrm swim. I've also checked my heart rate manually after each interval and it was spot on with what the watch was displaying. Thank you Garmin!!

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago

Maybe a little better compared to my 935.  I almost never used the oHRM on my 945 prior to the beta.  I tried it with running, cycling, weight lifting and pool swimming.  I'll definitely be sticking to my chest straps and use the oHRM for RHR only.

• Any chance you'd post links to activities with WHR and HRM-Swim for comparison?

• Although it worked fine for me in the pool, I've done a hike with similar results to what you're reporting: too low hr recorded without any training effect. Then, yesterday I did another hike wearing the watch towards the opposite side of the wrist getting then much more reliable readings for the hiking I was doing.