This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Distance not showing when using pool swim activity

Hi All,

I'm new to Garmin watches. Recently bought the 945 and tried doing a pool swim with the watch.

After about an hour of swim, the distance counter on the watch is still 0. I had set the pool length correctly and I'm not sure why the distance is not being tracked. Could it be an issue with the accelerometer or is there some setting which I have missed?

Thanks!

• Mine has worked fine for well over a year but just in the last couple weeks it doesn’t track any of my swims either 

• Im having the same issue also and I've had this watch since late 2019. 

• Interesting question about cadence. For running, cadence used to work fine. but now only working occasionally, similar to now not showing swim distance/pace. (Running distance and GPS are fine).

So accelerometer is the problem?

(Me: Freestyle, tumble, pushing off hard from ends, Garmin 245)

Can edit in distance at end. It then calculates number of laps, but I miss individual lap times, pace and SWOLF.)

• Best contact Garmin support and see what they have to say.

• philipshambrook - Thank you for taking the time to reply. I had thought of things like possible water leak (but would affect GPS for running which it hasn't), and one of the many software changes Garmin has made.

I am not serious swimmer, doing 100's in 25m pool with t/turn, pushing off hard. But thinking about it, more recently have been gliding in for touch on final 25m. Last 2 sessions, have tried coming in fast on "final approaches" (and pressing the top left button - as usual). WATCH WORKED FINE. Could this be the reason - gliding stop? I will keep coming in fast on final lap to see how it goes. (I had thought this would be irrelevant since it IS after all, a GPS watch)

• I have a brand new Epix 2 and the two pool swims (2400m & 2100m) so far detected 0 strokes and 0 laps, just a bunch of 'rest' intervals, irrespective of what I was doing. And in both these examples, after saving the activity, the gesture-based screen activation in normal watch mode stopped working. The only way I could wake up the screen to see the time was to tap it, until I power-cycled the watch, then the gesture-based screen activation started working again.

Logged a fault with Garmin after the first issue and haven't heard from them in over 10 days now...

• Thanks for this tip, next swim I'll definitely try pushing off the wall harder using the Garmin 945 which only works with Drills,

My Garmin 929xt works great with pool swims and always gives correct swim data.