This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 945 battery issue

I have huge problem with battery.

Before I used fenix 5x plus and battery 7days was standard.

Now I use 945 I every week I cut something and always less than  days.

I already turn off pulsoxymetr tottaly , use less applications,  run with only GPS without gallileo.  Run less than 40km per week and my record 5 days.

How much your battery stay in 945?

• As of yesterday, I'm having a major issue with battery life as well. I did a 30 mile indoor bike on my trainer and noticed a larger than normal drop in the charge....relative to what my experience has been since I purchased it in April of 2019. Later in the day I did a speed workout with our local running group. The outdoor temp was 17 degrees Fahrenheit. I run in cold weather frequently and it's never been an issue. By the time our group finished(approx. 1 hour of fartleks for a total of 4 miles) I was able to save the run and then the watch went dead. I went home and recharged to 100% and went to bed around 9:30PM....I woke around 1:30 AM when the watch vibrated with only 10% charge remaining(only 4 hours after 100% charge). I just did a hard reset and am headed to work with 100% charge soon. I hope this works....stay tuned.

• I have been experiencing fast battery drain on my 945 since the last firmware update.  Update 4.10.  Didn't pay close attention in what the cause was, but it seems it happens after I use the countdown timer.  Again, not sure if that's the cause, but the battery seems to drain faster after using the built-in countdown timer.

• I have found this also. Interested to see if there is a bug that has been introduced that drains the battery - it was very good before the last update

• I both a Forerunner 945 last mouth, I had this issue. I send the watch for the support and they said that my old watch has a chip issue, they send me another 945 and now my new 945 lost 20% per day, without activities, just as a smart watch!!! I’m very disappointed with Garmin. My old 235 had a battery that lasted 7 days with 3 hour of physical activities.
    I’m just sharing my frustration with Garmin!

• Mine was working perfectly, with battery lasting up to a week with workouts everyday for about an hour but now it doesn’t last a day, even without any activity, any new problems lately that someone knows

• I am experiencing this now had my watch just under a year i did a total reset and seem to work for a few day but again today I charge watch at 9 to 100% and 1 hour later dropped to 82% and had done nothing?

• I think this may be my prob as i installed amazon music the other day 

• I'm having the exact same problem.  I've had Amazon music installed for a year now, so I'm not sure if that's the problem, but starting yesterday my watch started losing battery very quickly.  Without any activities it will go from 100% to 0% in a matter of 6 hours or so.  I do think it's possible the Amazon app has something to do with it, but I'm not sure.

• I’ve master reset mine again will keep u posted charged to 100 % now at 97% seems about right as fully charged at 10 this morning now at 4:00pm