This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 945 battery issue

I have huge problem with battery.

Before I used fenix 5x plus and battery 7days was standard.

Now I use 945 I every week I cut something and always less than  days.

I already turn off pulsoxymetr tottaly , use less applications,  run with only GPS without gallileo.  Run less than 40km per week and my record 5 days.

How much your battery stay in 945?

• Hi Sime11 - interesting that the LED's are flashing - I assume you have HR off.  I had that when I first got my 945 (HR off and wallet inactive).  My battery usage was high when the LED's seemingly inexplicably flashed.  I somehow fixed this after loading 2.50 and rebooted the watch a couple of times.  All has been good since :) 

• Thanks for your help bil-d-b, I've turned auto update off and that certainly seems to have slowed down the battery drain, I'll leave it for a while and see what it's like over the next few hours

• We would recommend any users seeing exaggerated battery drain to perform a hard reset first. This is done by holding the power button in for up to 15 seconds until the device shuts down completely. You should then be able to power it back on like normal and charge it up to 100%. If the issue persists, you will need to reach out to our support teams directly. as we may need to gather app logs or error logs from the device. 

• I  already did monday hard restart and nothing change. Baterry works better but  because oxymeter %spO2 not works correctly. It means another issue.

I have turn on oxy but is not works when I SEAT calm in the office.

I tryed to manual measure oxy, but sometimes works sometimes not. 

Check below example

I already contacted with garmin support and they  suggest to do test. Full charge and start new activity and wait how long works. I will record and share with this test result

Ch

• BTW after hard restart i lost battery body graph, floors, pulse hr, vo2max, Load, but everything is in cloud garmin Connect, but not download to watch. 

• They asked me to do this test as well. It took 15 hrs to drain the battery to 0. After recharging and reboot, it is MUCH better since I lost "only" 6% for the last 4 hrs (no activities, only smart-watch mode). Still... it is far from OK if you compare it to what other people say about their devices (e.g. 5% per day).

EDIT: Well... or perhaps the issue is related only with the devices that are/ were available in our country, Jan... Teraz widzę, że screen jest po polsku :) I'm wondering if we got them from the same provider...

• On the phone app, make sure you disable "Physio TrueUp" settings in the 945 general tab. Sync with watch. Then enable it again sync that should do the trick. 

• WOW great news . Thank you to share . I was thought it should be always on  Physo enable .

• But are you sure it works with body battery and HRM  internal . Will be visible after hard restart?

• WOW 15 hours it hard to believe, I will do the same  so we will see ;-)