This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Pace During Workout is Incorrect

The calculation of the instant pace in version 7.11 deviates from the actual speed in about 0.5 min/km to 1 min/km.

• and I too am still experiencing instant pace issues on interval workouts. Base pace runs do not seem to be a consistent issue for me although pace may still be off a few or several seconds here and there throughout the base run. I haven't seen anything posted from Garmin-Kevin about this in quite some time, so I don't know if he's even following this issue anymore. My interval runs continue to be a prevalent issue and it is rare to be able to get much more than a mid 60's execution score because of the lag time of the watch in being able to report your current/instant pace. For me the more intervals there are, the lower execution score I see because of the lag time at the beginning/end of each interval. I could be running a pace of 8 or 9 minutes coming off of a recovery segment in real time only for the watch to report that I'm running a pace of 13 or 14, or 15+ for a good 30 seconds or more into the run segment which then skews the metrics for the entire run. Tempo runs do a bit better since there is usually only 2 to 3 transitions. The issue has existed for 6 months now on my watch, and I still have not received a concrete resolution from Garmin which is more than frustrating for the price point of the device let alone that the voice prompts rarely match the data screens during the interval workouts either. I have switched over to HR training which isn't quite as aggravating as pace during an interval workout, but it doesn't fix the problem. No matter what you do the watch still doesn't report correctly especially on the front end of each transition and for me the lag time exists whether you use GPS or not, it doesn't matter. The watch can't reflect your instant pace in real time as you transition, it's always playing catch up.

• All, 

This should have been resolved in sw 14.52. If you are still experiencing this, please start a new thread.

For fastest and the most detailed assistance, we encourage you to reach out directly to your local Garmin Product Support team.

Garmin Product Support