This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Pace During Workout is Incorrect

The calculation of the instant pace in version 7.11 deviates from the actual speed in about 0.5 min/km to 1 min/km.

• Rediculously noticeable on my speed repeats today.

• Any progress on this Issue ?

When is the next release planned?

If Garmin uses something like Git in conjunction with the fact that the problem is very easy to reproduce, troubleshooting should be feasible. What is the development status?

A user-friendly update downgrade feature is also not available, which is a big problem when the functionality of the watch can be affected by an update and fixes are not released very often.

Will we get some kind of compensation because this serious flaw makes the expensive device unusable in many cases?

I bought the most expensive Forerunner at the time, unfortunately I am not satisfied with the product at all, because of the errors and the low update frequency.

• 100% agree with user-friendly FW downgrade. I was garmin user long ago & use Coros for few years 

I'd said coros working on Fw Update ( Bugs fix or upgrade ) way faster than Garmin some easy bug on Coros

were fix under 48 hrs . 

• I was hopeful that once the GPS and SensorHub updates got applied to the latest firmware, things would improve.  But, alas ...

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/10341378344

As before, during my run intervals, my instantaneous pace was always slower than the average pace for that interval.  Instantaneous pace still seems to be acting like a moving average over something like 90-120 seconds.  End result: if you do workouts that include short speed intervals, your watch won't be able to guide you through the interval.

Sadly, Garmin pronounced this to not be a beta problem and suggested we report it via regular support channels (rendering the Beta program rather pointless IMHO) ...

https://forums.garmin.com/beta-program/forerunner-945-lte/public-beta-bug-reports/i/public-beta-13-21/instantaneous-pace-still-wrong

I will be filing a report today.  If you care about this issue, I recommend you do the same.

• All,

It looks like progress is being made on this as we hope to be addressing this in the next software update for this device.  At this time, we do not have a timeline for the release of this future software update but hope to have something released soon. Thank you for your patience with us while we work to investigate and resolve this disruption.

• Just to clarify, by "next software update" did you mean the release that flows from the 13.21 Beta?  Or does it mean the next release after that?

I realize there are no guarantees of when a fix would appear or when a release would occur.  Just trying to understand what you meant in your description of the current thinking.

• I would not be able to say for certain whether the sw version that addresses this will first be available as a Beta or as Production, or even if the next version will contain the fix, though we hope that it will.  But I will make sure to update this thread specifically when this fix is available. Thank you for patience in the meantime while work is done to address these reports.

I know this may not provide much more information, but I also understand that this is a pretty hot topic, so I want to be transparent and provide what information that I can.

• All,

Per my last post (7 days ago), progress is being made and we would like to get a better understanding of how many users are affected by this disruption.  We are still asking for some information from you, but less information than we were originally requesting.

If you are experiencing this, you wish to be added as an affected user, and have not received confirmation from me that you have already been added to this case, please reply with the following:

1. Use the FAQ below to upload a copy of your watch's Garmin Folder and confirm that you have uploaded it.
    2. List the URL for 2 different activities where this pace disruption has occurred.  Be sure that you have the activity's privacy settings set to public.
    3. Confirm that we have your permission to access/view your Garmin Connect account.
  • Hi Kevin, yes, I've had this same issue since last October with the audio alerts. My guess would be that all users that have the 7.11 Firmware update likely have the issue but may not realize it because they may not be glancing at their data screen to see if the audio is reporting the same data, or maybe they've just given up since there are threads several years old out there with this same type of issue (in one aspect or the other) that have also not been resolved. I've been emailing Brian at support back and forth since December 14th, 2022. I sent my watch's Garmin Folder to them on that day and have been sending forum links to this issue as I find them. The issue happens during EVERY run that has intervals whether it's a daily suggested workout or one that you create yourself, it ALWAYS happens. I have also given them previous permission to view my account. The reference number for my contact w/support is 23540432K1 Q#1002451 should you want to review that correspondence. As others have mentioned it is extremely frustrating not only for the training aspect itself but also for the price point of this device.

• I have the same issue. I noticed it on short interval runs of 15 seconds to 1 minutes because of the audio prompts telling me that I'm running too slow and then the average pace being too fast. It appears to be a moving average which includes time from the prior lap. I've had to start ignoring the audio prompts. It shows in the average and instantaneous pace as described by others.

I have some example activities:

10 sec intervals

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/10342511184

40 sec intervals

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/10203014259

1 min intervals

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/10252033303

I have uploaded the compressed GARMIN folder via the secure upload (excluding >1GB .img files from the top level in the folder).