This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Cannot Update Wi-Fi Software to 4.01

Former Member
Former Member

Pre upgrade to 7.07 Wifi was working fine. After the update the watch won't see any WiFi networks. Doesn't matter if it is 5GHz or 2.4, b or g, or open or closed. I noticed my Wifi firmware was stuck at 3.00. The latest firmware is 4.01. For some reason my watch is not getting that version Is there a manual download link for Wifi version 4.01 anywhere?

• Hello all,

If you are still experiencing this Wi-Fi trouble, please answer the following:

1. What is the current MAIN software version is on your watch?
    2. What is the current Wi-Fi software on your watch?
    3. What GPS software is currently on the watch?
    4. Do you have access to a desktop/laptop computer where you can use Garmin Express and or put the watch into mass storage mode (as a USB device)?
    5. If yes on #4, are you on a PC or Mac?
    6. May we, if necessary, have permission to email you?
    7. May we, if necessary, have permission to view/access your Garmin Connect account?
    8. In what country do you live?
  • Yes. Still experiencing. Here you go: 

1. current MAIN software version: 7.11
    2. GPS software: 6.60
    3.  access to a laptop: Yes
    4. PC or Mac: PC
    5. permission to email you: Yes
    6. permission to view/access your Garmin Connect account: Yes
    7. In what country do you live: US 
  • Hai Kevin,

1. 7.11   GPS 5.11 Wifi 3.0 CIQ 3.3.3 BMX 9.02 WHR 9.00.02 ANT, BLE/BT 6.15 Sensor HUB 20.06  Modem says --- (no version number)

2. GPS software 5.11 

3 yes and yes

4 I am on PC

5 yes

6 yes

7 Netherlands

• Thanks everyone for your patience, but so far no luck

i tried again tonight, but even without pairing a phone (so nothing could get through wifi or bluetooth), disabling auto update and only then connecting the watch to the computer garmin express, it still pushes the 7.11 update to the watch automatically straight away when connecting.

When I connect it, there is a synchronising bit first, then it checks for updates and says i am on 7.11. I do hope Garmin will bring out a patch for this

1. What is the current MAIN software version is on your watch?
      1. MAIN 7.11 / GPS 6.60 / WiFi 3.0 / CIQ 3.3.3 / BMX 9.0.2 / WHR 9.00.02 / ANT, BLE, BT 6.15 / Sensor Hub 20.06 / Modem 1.41
    2. What GPS software is currently on the watch?
      1. 6.60
    3. Do you have access to a desktop/laptop computer where you can use Garmin Express and or put the watch into mass storage mode (as a USB device)?
      1. Yes
    4. If yes on #3, are you on a PC or Mac?
      1. Windows PC
    5. May we, if necessary, have permission to email you?
      1. Yes
    6. May we, if necessary, have permission to view/access your Garmin Connect account?
      1. Yes
    7. In what country do you live?
      1. Germany

The issue is still there.

I went back to SW 5.07, waited half a day for the WiFi updated to SW 4.0 which didn't show up. I'm now again on SW 7.11 with the above configuration.

• 1. Software 7.11, GPS 5.11, Wifi 3.00, CIQ 3.3.3, BMX 9.0.2, WHR 9.00.02, ANT/BT 6.15, Sensor Hub 20.06, Modem 1.41
    2. GPS 5.11
    3. Yes
    4. Mac
    5. Yes
    6. Yes
    7. Netherlands

I have already been in touch with Garmin Support and sent them the necessary files, but am still awaiting a response

• Wifi scanning not working at all

1. sw 7.11

2. wifi 3.00

3. gps 5.11

4. not easily

5. pc

6. yes

7. yes

8. U.S.

• Update,

Downgraded to 5.07, connected to garmin express and that would not find wifi 4.01 firmware. Usually just showed 7.11 as installed. Disconnecting prior to sync would often add a couple of different things (golf clubs, changelog and an lte modem update) but never the wifi one. Eventually moved from 5.07 to 6.04 which would fairly quickly show the 4.01 update and you could opt to install. That install would execute, prompt to disconnect but the actual update would not do anything. Selecting 7.11 along with the 4.01 update from 6.04 leaves 7.11 installed and doesn't update wifi. Seems like there are backend servers that have different ideas of what should get installed to the device as clicking tools & content > options tab and logging in under wifi (if avail) will often change the available updates. Gone up and down the upgrade/downgrade chain 5 or  times and can't get a separate wifi update to show that works. Reconnected current 5.07 update to the phone with auto updates on  as that seemed to have worked for dunc. This is pretty frustrating

• Experiencing the same frustration. Come on, Garmin, fix this bug so that we can listen to our favorite Spotify music on morning runs!

• Same problem here, had conversation with Garmin support,  seems they know it's a software problem,  when I got the watch a few days ago first setup everything worked perfectly,  then update installed since then no wifi connection.