This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Connect IQ Datascreens reset after any kind of change to watchface etc

Hi,

whenever I change the watchface or customize it my Connect IQ data fields get erased from my apps and reset with the basic timer data field.

That is very annoying and needs to be fixed

• We have similar reports of this. If you are experiencing this and would like to be contacted to submit information to us for investigation, please respond with the requested information below:

1. May we, if necessary, have permission to email you?
    2. May we, if necessary, have permission to view/access your Garmin Connect account?
    3. In what country do you live?
  • Yes, yes, New Zealand. Thanks.

• I have this same problem. I am trying to use RaceScreen, Stryd Zones, RunPowerWorkout, and Fellrnr HrPwr. I have downloaded all 4 of those data fields, trying both through the Connect IQ Android app as well as through the apps.garmin.com website. I have synced my Forerunner 255 Music with the Connect Android app, and have confirmed there are no firmware updates waiting to install.

When I open the Connect Android app, choose my device, tap 'Activities & Apps', tap 'Run', tap 'Data Screens', and choose a 'Custom Data' 1-field Layout, and choose the Connect IQ Fields option:

- the secondary text below the primary 'Connect IQ Fields' shows '2/2 added' -- but I have 4 downloaded data fields?

- *only* the Fellrnr HrPwr data field is shown as an option.

When, from the 'Data Screens' page, I choose a Custom Data 2-field (or more, up to 6-field) Layout:

- in the first field, only the Fellrnr HrPwr data field is shown as an option; in the 2nd and later fields, I can see the other three (RaceScreen, Stryd Zones, or RunPowerWorkout). If I attempt to choose one of RaceScreen, Stryd Zones, or RunPowerWorkout as the selected item for that data field, the Connect app returns to the 'Edit Screen' page but the selected field is *not* the Connect IQ data field that I chose; it instead (seems to) default to 'Fellrnr HrPwr' (the only Connect IQ data field that is working for me.

1. Please email me, yes. Call me if you need to! I'm happy to provide screen captures, logs, whatever needed to resolve this.

2. Yes, you have permission to view/access my Garmin Connect account.

3. Canada (Ontario) -- Eastern time zone, English language speaker.

___

I noted from this thread that there (is? was? may be?) a (poorly documented?) limitation "Caveat: only allowed two Connect IQ custom data fields per activity", and I ensured to reduce the 'Run' activity to a single data screen with 1 field, initially set to 'Timer,' before I attempted the above steps.

___

These other threads seem to be referring to the same issue:

Garmin IQ data fields replaced with timer

Forerunner change Connect IQ data field to the default one

Can't add connect IQ data field because 2/2 added, even though none are added <-- from 7 years ago, suggests uninstalling and reinstalling fields; attempted, did not fix issue.

can not select IQ Data Fields (2/2 selected) <-- also 7 years old, exact same issue, tried papako's steps, did not resolve

weirdness using Connect IQ data fields (not sure if this is the same/a related issue; OP has not received response)