Bluetooth headphones disconnecting

Hey all,

I'm having issues with the connection to my headphones disconnecting randomly (but usually only once in the first five or so minutes of my run). I had a FR245 music before and bought the 265 hoping to solve the issue. Since it didn't, I also bought new headphones, but the problem still exists. There was one small improvement though: the 245 would often hang for a few minutes trying to reconnect and often it would fail to do so while the 265 seems to at least handle the reconnection better. I only use the Spotify app for playing music.

Does anyone recognize this or have suggestions to fix?

• You will need to join the beta program via the garmin connect desktop page, wait for some hours and then look for updates directly on the watch.

I assume if no issues are found this will go live for everybody soon enough.

• thanks a lot, just enrolled. I will keep you posted

• Joined the beta and installed 18.15.. went for a run this morning but had no luck.. the earbuds keep disconnecting.. I will raise another complaint to Garmin support, the same buds worked perfectly with the Samsung watch I have and also with my phone

• I've no idea whether it's relevant to your case, but: I found that if I have my earbuds (Jabra Elite) connected to my phone and also my watch, then I set out for a run without my phone, the earbuds disconnect from the watch after a minute or two. On the other hand, if I take my phone with me, the earbuds stay happily connected to both the whole time. My solution: I turn bluetooth off on the phone before I "turn on" the earbuds (so the phone doesn't connect), then I connect the watch (i.e., tell the watch to play some music, or whatever). Doing it this way, I now have no problem at all when I leave my phone behind - the earbuds and watch stay happily connected for the whole run. I just have to remember to pick up my phone and turn bluetooth back on when I get home ...

• apparently the problem is now solved thanks to Garmin who replaced my watch with a "certified" version. Both my earbuds weren't working and they offered to replace my watch. I tested this morning on the treadmill and my beats fit pro did not disconnect during all the 30 minutes so I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

• Same issue, sorry to say.  Fr 265.  Brought it up to Garmin support and they recommend the typical on off reboot reset methods for BT issues. Going to return this one to Amazon and try another.  

It's also quite fishy that lots of stores are low inventory (2/27/24).  Something seems fishy....

• I am returning my watch for a second time because of this issue.  Garmin just keeps sending me new ones.  I am hoping like others have said its an issue with the actual watch and one of these times I get one that doesn't have the issue.  My first one worked fine for like 3 months and then started doing it.  This one started doing it right out of the box.  Garmin has always been super helpful, and never hesitant to send me another watch.  This time, they took the files off this watch, and then emailed me saying they were sending me a new one.  So obviously they know there is an issue some where.  So fingers crossed this one works better. 

• I got my watch replaced in Sept 03 and haven't had an issue since, over 6 months ago. If you get one without this issue hopefully it will last more than 3 months this time. 

• Hello, I personally doesn't have this problem, but my coleague does have similar issue. Now it seems he solved it that he reduce the quality of played songs at Spotify. Maybe it will help to somebody (he has FR265, FW18.23. (Previous watches he had Venu2 with the same headphones and no problems!)