Absurdly high wrist-based HR AFTER activities since update 19.18

My 255 music has suddenly but consistently started giving me absurdly high HR wrist-based readings AFTER my runs. This suddenly started happening after the 19.18 update, and it now happens after every run.

Here's an example from today:

Details:

• I use the HRM Pro chest strap during the runs. In the example, it measured an HR around 145 during the run.
  • After the run, when walking/standing, having switched back to wrist-based, the displayed HR rises to 230 and higher for some 5-10 minutes, until it seems to revert to something more plausible (in the meantime, the watch plausibly estimates my max HR at 190!).
  • If I switch the source to the HRM Pro, it shows a HR of around 90 (while the writst-based reading shows 230).
  • I have cleaned the sensor and rebooted the watch (repeatedly).
  • I can exclude this being due to the watch picking up walking cadence: it happens with and without walking.
  • Up until update 19.18, I had no issues whatsoever with the wrist-based HR.
  • I switched off source switching very shortly after the update (because I got bizarre back-and-forth jumps in readings at the beginning of runs).

Has anyone had similar issues? Any ideas what is happening here? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• im having the same issue for the past 1-2 month . i had a 2 years strap HRM dual and i though it was because it was old so i purchased a new one and.i see the same . 
    i never had this problem before
    i see spikes above 220 while in my hand-watch  at the same time (garmin 2s) - i see 130, 140)
    i clean my stripe with water and soap after each ride, and then cold wash in machine wash after 7-8 rides as the instructions requires.
    i use it with my Garmin 1040 but i see it is unrelated because it also happens when riding with Zwift.
    So the problem is somehow related to the strap itself... 

• Thank you for sharing, . May I have permission to view activity examples from your Connect account and reach out via email so I can add you to our investigation? 

• yes you can i'd  be happy to assist with the resolution of this issue. will you be able to access my account directly or you want me to post examples here?

• This happened to me yesterday. I went for an easy run where my average heart rate was 128 bpm. I came home and took off my chest strap (Polar H10) - my HR spiked to 160 BPM and remained high for a few minutes. My current firmware is 20.29
    I don't have my heart rate on my watch face, so I wasn't sure if that's something that happened to me beforeI've started looking at my previous runs (there aren't a lot in the last couple of months). Seems it happened once before on 12th of August - average heart rate during activity was 138 bpm, the Shrugke after - 170 bpm. That was on 19.18 firmware. Wanted to look at my past training block, but it turns out Connect Web removes old charts.