This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Feature Request: On Intervals Exercise please set Pace Calculation from 30 sec average to 3 sec average

Otherwise, this simply cannot be done with decent accuracy!!
Task - intervals 1 min. run with pace 4.20-4.55, pause with pace 7-7.50. Ok, let's start after the warm-up.

30 sec average pace on interval

This is how it looks - the gray line is what it should be, the blue one is real time (is it not, but 30sec average!), the dots are my cadence. As you can see, after the fast phase transition signal, I start running with 174 cadence after the warm-up (164 cadence and 7 min/km pace) the FR says I'm running too slow. I run steady with the same cadence and after 40-50 seconds. the clock tells me that I'm too fast. After a minute there is a pause and I get a warning that I am too fast, although I have already been walking for 10 seconds.
At the beginning of the interval with a cadence of 174 spm, the FR shows my pace of 5.55, after 50 seconds with the same cadence (174spm), the pace is already 4.11, because I have been running with it for last 50 seconds. The first half of a minute - garbage instead of an instant pace and as a result - the exercise quality is - 50%

On such brisk exercises(intervals,sprint) you need to calculate instant pace (max 3sec average) not a 30 sec average, dear Garmin

• We have super accurate multiband gps, why cant we have higher resolution instant pace, Garmin?

• yes, Garmin please give us true instant pace and allow the watch face to report to the second (5:32, 5:33, 5:34), not rounding to the nearest 5 second (5:30, 5:35, 5:35).  Product with the name Forerunner should be focused on a runner's needs during the workouts!

• Same situation was detected on fr955 see topic on fr955 forum

• Same issue with my 955 today, even on FW 13.23. I had to do 7x1min @3:55/km today. During the 1m interval the pace was always shown as too low (beeep beeeep beeeeep) but in the end it was 3:52. Then 3min slow, again beeeeep beeeeep for ~2min always showing outdated pace.

Does Garmin use their own devices? Do they test this? It feels that nobody but some youtube influencers is doing any real world tests.

• If all of you can take the time to either report the issue to Garmin Support by phone or contact Kevin from Garmin on the following string of messages at, Pace During Workout is Incorrect - Forerunner 945 LTE - Running/Multisport - Garmin Forums the better. We've been at it for months now without a resolution. We need everyone who is experiencing this type of issue to literally inundate support with phone calls concerning this issue. I don't know about you guys but I'm sure not pleased about having spent $600 for a device that doesn't even come close to calculating current pace during an interval workout. Thanks for your consideration everyone, have a good night.