This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Bug 14.13 - Alarm Page Header not translated

I do open this issue now for the third and last time. I am a very regular contributor to the bug report section but I won't be anymore, if I don't get a satisfying answer to this: Why the heck are bug reports constantly answered with the "We released a new software, please check again" phrase if they are clearly not fixed? This happens all the time with all kinds of bugs and it's terribly frustrating.
I'm strongly hoping that Garmin is able to check for themselves if they translated a text field or not. So why do we have to check again and again and spend our time repeating bug reports. Is this some kind of new bug management system? Are forum users just cheaper than one employee checking which bugs are actually fixed and which ones are not with each release?
It's bad enough that Garmin's software quality is completely out of hand. But solving this by spending even less time on managing bugs and tests by transferring this work to forum users?  Which, by the way, doesn't work properly because as users, we can reproduce and thus "check again" only some kinds of bugs: The obvious ones, that shouldn't have made it into any beta in the first place.

Okay, so, again:

I have my FR 255 with the language set to German. When opening the new "watches" menu (hold the "up" button, then choose the second item) and select "alarms", I see an overview of my alarms. The headline of this menu should read "Keine Alarme aktiviert" (German), but it reads it in English ("No Alarms On").
Obviously, this is a bug.

See also:

https://forums.garmin.com/beta-program/forerunner-255-series/public-beta-bug-reports/i/bug-reports---beta-14-12/alarm-page-header-not-translated
https://forums.garmin.com/beta-program/forerunner-255-series/f/community-discussion/320826/14-08-bug---alarm-page-header-not-translated

• But solving this by spending even less time on managing bugs and tests by transferring this work to forum users?  Which, by the way, doesn't work properly because as users, we can reproduce and thus "check again" only some kinds of bugs: The obvious ones, that shouldn't have made it into any beta in the first place.

Absolutely agreed.

Garmin, why not open a public bugtracker (or semi public for registered users)?

And of course for every release it should at least be transparent, which bug has been tested and fixed by you and which bugs are not tested!

I have my FR 255 with the language set to German. When opening the new "watches" menu (hold the "up" button, then choose the second item) and select "alarms", I see an overview of my alarms. The headline of this menu should read "Keine Alarme aktiviert" (German), but it reads it in English ("No Alarms On").

Confirmed.

Though this is a minor annoyance, I clearly support ThePhoenixCoding here: The way Garmin handles this, is frustrating for the users.

• Thank you for your persistence .  We want to keep bug reports and traditional forum threads separate as we handle them and use them to report disruptions very differently.  

As for your disruption with the Alarms, I am not able to reproduce.  After updating my FR 255 watch to 14.13, the German translations are correct, at least for me.  Could you please record and post a video showing the same process on your watch as I recorded on mine?  Please see below:

Click here to play this video

• Thanks for your reply!

I think I misphrased my question because the answer doesn't really fit for it. I see why bug reports shall to into a different thread. But I do not understand why we are asked to open new threads for the same but over and over again for every new firmware version of the watch. We get told to "check again if the but still persists" and have to start all over again with creating a new thread, even if the bug was not even addressed in the latest update. This is frustrating and I (any many others according to this forum) wonder why this is and why Garmin can't keep track of bugs that were submitted once for an older version and are still not fixed.

Regarding this specific bug: I made a video for you :) The bug occurs one step further than shown in yours.

• My watch is also set to German and I confirm this bug.
    Once again.

• HI,

My watch is in Portuguese, I also confirm this bug.

The same hapens in the sleep watch face.

• All-

Thank you for your participation in this forum thread.  So that I may assist you further, please reply with the following:

1. May we, if necessary, have permission to email you?
    2. May we, if necessary, have permission to view/access your Garmin Connect account?
    3. In what country do you live?
  • The same hapens in the sleep watch face.

Yes, you are right!
    I also use the sleep watch face and it says“No alarms“, but should be in German.

• 1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Germany

• My watch is in Portuguese, I also confirm this bug.

The same hapens in the sleep watch face.

• 1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Portugal