This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

14.13 Bug with Backlight / Gesture During Activity

Bug after 14.13 : Backlight Gesture during activity way too sensitive 

( my set up Gesture:after Sunset , 8 sec ) ,but during my run the watch backlight is 100%

on for the last 7miles. No matter what my arm movement  

• Yeah, backlight settings during an activity seem to not be respected. Mine automatically comes on at the start of each activity, even though I have everything set to off. During the day you do not notice it staying on which results in accelerated battery drain for no good reason.

• +1...backlight goes on when going into activity, even before starting activity. I have 'No Timeout' set for night running, so it just stays on whether I'm running during the day or night unless I manually turn it off. Setting a timeout solves the problem but also requires I manually keep turning backlight on during night runs. Gesture setting is the same as always on ie way too sensitive.

• I have backlight issue as well. During the beta testing some of us users flagged this for several versions but nothing happened....

For instance I have keys: off for sleep mode but It turns on when I press a key... There is no workaround to solve this I fiddled a lot with the settings....

During general use after gestures light sometimes gets stuck and does not switch off until I switch it off manually. This remains reproducable until I set the timeout to something (like 4sec) than back to the setting I use (8sec)

• I noticed backlight issue with sleep mode too. If you set it to keys: off the backlight still comes up when pressing any button (other than the power button)

Also backlight comes up when selecting certain menu items even if set to off:

- when power meter calibration is selected

- when morning report is opened

This back-light issue is a very big problem as it causes battery drain especially during the day when one may not notice that the light is on....

• Same problem here! Actually the dev team doesn't know about this.

• Well , I don't think so because many people said that issue already on Beta version.

I just don't understand why they put this FW14.13 LIVE before fixing it .

• This was reported already in 14.12

https://forums.garmin.com/beta-program/forerunner-255-series/public-beta-bug-reports/i/bug-reports---beta-14-12/backlight-settings-not-respected-during-activity

The problem is that it's very hard to track things as once Garmin releases a new beta or a public version they close down the thread regardless whether they fixed it or not and you need to re report all the crap they have not fixed...

They add a comment like this to the end but since there is no detailed chenge log you have no idea whether they actually fixed something:

"We have recently released a new beta software that should be available to all users soon. After installing this newest software version, if you are still experiencing this disruption, please report it in the bug reports section for the appropriate beta software version."

• Plus the morning report sticks around (rightly so) until you go through it. 

Do not get why this bug is not given priority considering it's negative effects on battery life.