This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

14.13 Bug with Backlight / Gesture During Activity

Bug after 14.13 : Backlight Gesture during activity way too sensitive 

( my set up Gesture:after Sunset , 8 sec ) ,but during my run the watch backlight is 100%

on for the last 7miles. No matter what my arm movement  

• Yes this is still a Bug. The backlight functionality is still pretty much a mess. For instance when backlight is set to after sunset for activities the backlight still comes up when starting an activity during the day, ignoring the after sunset setting.

Or when I trigger a manual sync with GC on the watch from the controls menu the light comes up ignoring the general use backligth settings (after sunset).

• Same issue here with my FR255. 

• We are on 14.17, and the backlight bugs are still not fixed.

• So the 14.17 update did not bring the assumed correction of this bug... While the gesture light switching on and off become better (meaning the light does not stuck on indefinitely after raising the my wrist) there are still bugs:

- There is no difference between the 5 and 10% setting

- Actually in sleep mode the 5 and 10% setting is not adhered, even if setting it to 5 or 10 the backlight strength corresponds to 20. The odd thing here is that if I go to settings select the percentage of 10 or 5 the backlight dims, but as soon as I select the 5 or 10 and exit the backlight goes to 20% strength.

- In sleep mode the back-light keys: off setting is not adhered. So even if it is set to off pressing a key turns the light on

- When selecting the morning report light switches on even though light setting is after sunset and actually the sun is already up

Can someone at garmin have a look at these? The most concerning as at 14.17 is the sleep mode light setting. Specifically that there no setting is really adhered...