This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

This is a Crisis, Forerunner 255 and 955

Former Member
Former Member

Regressions with new software releases are not unusual, but 12.23 is a crisis. So many things have gone wrong at once that it's hard to imagine how it could happen. All advanced training features appear to be broken plus there are cadence, display, stability and battery life issues. About all I trust now is time and distance. Maybe someone left out a secret ingredient and spoiled the entire batch. There's no way this could be the product of multiple independent mistakes. Many users were relying on the Forerunner series for training and now that has been interrupted. People are upset. Garmin has a crisis and needs crisis management. Acknowledging there is a problem is a good first step, but more is needed. How about a timeline to a fix and more transparency?

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 1 year ago in reply to 8125416

Bad sensor hardware?

• May be. But I want to check if anyone face the same issue, before I send the unit back for warranty claim. I hate to send the unit back and not having it to track my workout for 2 weeks.

• My watch has also reported higher HR (around 180) when my chest strap was reporting around 160. This did not happen before the firmware update.

• Thanks for the sharing. Then I suspect it's firmware issue instead of hardware issue. May be I should wait for a while before sending back my 955 to Garmin for checking. They need freaking 3 weeks because need to send it back to country HQ.

• Just waiting is futile. You should spam Garmin support until they fix the issue since they probably think they made HR improvements by software updates and treat it as done, not being aware of issues that users are having. 

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 1 year ago

Here we are over a month since the messy 12.23 release and 12 days since12.25 beta. Garmin has (to the best of my knowledge) is working on the line across the screen and cadence issues. There are other complaints, but I don't know if these are widespread. My guess is 12.25 might not go live and there will be another beta addressing the two above mentioned issues. I have no idea if the next beta will go beyond that or when it will be released.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 1 year ago

I guessed right about 12.25 not going live.  12.27 just dropped:

• Fixed an issue with the calculation of run cadence.
    • Fixed potential inaccuracies in race time predictions.
    • Updated translations for Asian languages.

Notably absent is the screen corruption issue. I don't have it, but I don't use external sensors or do really long workouts. Maybe those are a cause, maybe not.

• Just installed on my 955.

5K predicted time dropped from 17:22 to 18:29 which is more reflective in my case.