This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Beta Forerunner 245 Series 5.09 available!

245 Download

245 M Download

Notes:

• For any issues that you encounter please fill out the form included in the download and attach it to an email to [email protected]. Please note that you may not get a response to the email unless we need more information on the issue you report.
  • Although this software is believed to be reliable, it has not yet been released for production and should be used at your own risk.

Changes made from version 5.00 to 5.09:

• Added support for the Track Run activity, which allows you to record outdoor track data, including lap splits and distance in meters, on a standard shape 400m track.
  • Added support for Improved Recovery Time, which takes your stress, sleep, relaxation, and physical activity into consideration.
  • Improved optical heart rate performance.
  • Added a Save Location option to the Navigation menu.
  • Updated the look of the Alarm screen.
  • Updated the main workout data screen to indicate High, Low, or In Range for the current target.
  • Various other improvements and bug fixes.

Installation Instructions

1. Connect your Forerunner 245 Music to your computer using the USB cable.
  2. Download and unzip Forerunner245M_509Beta.zip. Place the GUPDATE.GCD file in the \GARMIN folder of your device's internal storage drive.
  3. From the RemoteSW folder, copy the GUP3079.GCD file and the 006B310708.GCD file into the \GARMIN\REMOTESW folder on your device.
  4. Disconnect your device from the computer, approve the update on the watch, and wait for the update to finish.
  5. If you would like to revert to the last public release software, place the GUPDATE-500.GCD file in the \GARMIN folder and rename GUPDATE-500.GCD to GUPDATE.GCD. Place the GUP3079-504.GCD file from RemoteSW\Downgrades into the \GARMIN\REMOTESW folder on your device and rename the file to GUP3079.GCD. Place the 006B310708-440.GCD file from RemoteSW\Downgrades into the \GARMIN\REMOTESW folder and rename the file to 006B310708.GCD. Disconnect the device to install. NOTE: If you revert to an older version of software, all of your settings will be reset to defaults.
  • Thanks, but you stated blog or video, that's a comments section. Anyways that was 3 months ago and he did state that it might change with customer feedback. Also Garmin seems to be after Fitbit and Apple Watch customers and they not gonna get that with their current horrible sleep tracking. It's very difficult to recommend the Garmin devices, even the Venu SQ, over the Charge 4 for people who just need to track sleep and walks. At the very least, they should change the algorithm on Garmin Connect to use Firstbeats one.

• Only the watch, this way it won't make it to older devices. Garmin should just replace the Garmin Connect algorithm with the Firstbeat one. After all, they do claim advanced sleep tracking, even on their cheaper devices, and the current algorithm is anything but advanced, even getting beaten by MiBands.

• True, it's even available on the $150 Polar Unite. The $200 Coros Pace has accurate wrist based running power and multi-sport support. Amazfit watches which come with a generous serving of Firstbeat features seems to be serious about global expansion with their re-branding. Garmin should use their Firstbeat acquisition to stay ahead of the competition.

• That's very nice the recovery time based also on sleeping data.

• That's very nice the recovery time based also on sleeping data.

• But it would have been better to get a good sleep tracking before......

• Problem to install/update watchface from connect IQ with this 5.09.

Install and update widget say "update in progress" "update in queue" but nothing append.

Connect IQ has a server failure this Saturday. But I don't know if issue come from this firmware or if it is more general. But nobody speak about this type of problem. (Since 3 days).

Thanks for feedback.

• In Garmin Connect it lists my 245M as version 5.9.0.0. I could always manually update, but am concerned this will stop it from automatically updating to the full release as this is a "newer/higher" build number.

• I routinely install the Betas and haven't had any issues upgrading to the stable releases.

• I've installed all of the betas as well, my concern was just because the version number in listed higher in Garmin Connect than it's supposed to be. 5.9.0.0 instead of 5.0.9.0.