This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Beta Forerunner 245 Series 5.09 available!

245 Download

245 M Download

Notes:

• For any issues that you encounter please fill out the form included in the download and attach it to an email to [email protected]. Please note that you may not get a response to the email unless we need more information on the issue you report.
  • Although this software is believed to be reliable, it has not yet been released for production and should be used at your own risk.

Changes made from version 5.00 to 5.09:

• Added support for the Track Run activity, which allows you to record outdoor track data, including lap splits and distance in meters, on a standard shape 400m track.
  • Added support for Improved Recovery Time, which takes your stress, sleep, relaxation, and physical activity into consideration.
  • Improved optical heart rate performance.
  • Added a Save Location option to the Navigation menu.
  • Updated the look of the Alarm screen.
  • Updated the main workout data screen to indicate High, Low, or In Range for the current target.
  • Various other improvements and bug fixes.

Installation Instructions

1. Connect your Forerunner 245 Music to your computer using the USB cable.
  2. Download and unzip Forerunner245M_509Beta.zip. Place the GUPDATE.GCD file in the \GARMIN folder of your device's internal storage drive.
  3. From the RemoteSW folder, copy the GUP3079.GCD file and the 006B310708.GCD file into the \GARMIN\REMOTESW folder on your device.
  4. Disconnect your device from the computer, approve the update on the watch, and wait for the update to finish.
  5. If you would like to revert to the last public release software, place the GUPDATE-500.GCD file in the \GARMIN folder and rename GUPDATE-500.GCD to GUPDATE.GCD. Place the GUP3079-504.GCD file from RemoteSW\Downgrades into the \GARMIN\REMOTESW folder on your device and rename the file to GUP3079.GCD. Place the 006B310708-440.GCD file from RemoteSW\Downgrades into the \GARMIN\REMOTESW folder and rename the file to 006B310708.GCD. Disconnect the device to install. NOTE: If you revert to an older version of software, all of your settings will be reset to defaults.
  • Updated to the Beta yesterday and sleep tracking stopped working. Did not get anything for this night and it has worked without issues before

• From his 745 review:

"Oh, and fear not, track mode is coming to FR245/945/MARQ/Fenix6 units next week in public beta (and daily suggested workouts to all but the FR245), and then to final/production firmware in a few weeks."

"Next, there’s sleep tracking. The FR745 had planned to launch with an on-wrist sleep widget display (just like was recently added to the Fenix 6 and soon the FR945), and in fact that’s what I’ve been using/testing. However, a last second change two days ago will temporarily pull that feature to track down some newly introduced bugs. So you’ll get the previous/existing sleep tracking for the next week or so, which simply means you’ll see it on the Garmin Connect App, rather than on your wrist. Garmin says that feature will likely resume next week in an update."

No mention of the 245 not getting it like he did with Daily Suggested Workouts. Will most likely get without the sleep score/quality. As imagodespira stated, giving 245 users improved recovery times without better sleep tracking does not make sense.

• And just from anecdotal evidence, my sleep tracking with this Beta now has not worked for the second night in a row, and another user reported the same issue. While this is obviously not intended by Garmin, I think it is a fair assumption to make that they are working on something related to the sleep detection. 

• will the Firstbeat sleep analysis be tracked in Garmin Connect, or only on watch? 

• Updated to the Beta yesterday and sleep tracking stopped working. Did not get anything for this night and it has worked without issues before

-> idem + 1
    edit:

FALSE: After a very long & several synchro , sleeping info finally arrive in the garmin App.

• I would have expected also Daily Suggested Workouts to become available to the FR245 as something similar is already available for a year on the Polar watches including the cheaper Ignite. 

• I also detecting with this 5.09 a very slow navigation between widget.

When a press a button from "homepage" it is very not reactive, (3-5 seconds for the reaction).

It is also difficult to enter in the 'rond menu" (long press light button) due to time delay reaction.

Am I alone ?

Thanks
    Thomas

• The sleep tracking issue was related to Garmin Connect Mobile and was resolved this morning. You should be seeing sleep from last night at this point. 

• Thanks for taking care of this and letting us know, Former Member! Can confirm, the sleep data for Friday 25SEP20 showed up after another sync. However, the sleep data for Thursday 24SEP20 is still missing (not a big issue, as the problem seems to be solved going forward).

• So even though Garmin confirmed the 245 won't get it, you still don't believe me?