This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

What about Firstbeatfeatures?

Hi,

im pretty sure Former Member wont answer ;)

But. Is there any chance to get, as example, the 300% better, sleep analysis from FB at the 245? I know the articel by DC Rainmaker, but that was bevore Garmin buy Firstbeat.

Regards

Top Replies

All Replies

• Yes, the way Firstbeat features work in isolation is a big problem, and no one can blame it on licensing anymore. And no, we not asking for new features, we just asking Garmin to please fix existing features like sleep, body battery, training load, etc on currently sold watches. But as you say, sleep tracking is such a basic feature, maybe they should use Firstbeat's sleep algorithm on Garmin Connect for everyone.

• Fenix 6 are the only one, atm, with some new cool Firstbeatfeatures (Sleep), VA4 get a new feature but its useless.

Just because you think the new VA4 feature is useless, it in no way makes your comment about the F6 being the only watch getting new FirstBeat features correct.  It's either the only device, or it isn't.  You can't have it both ways. 

Here's a clip from DCRainmaker in regards to the new sleep widget that you stated you're familiar with.  No where was it mentioned the 245 wouldn't be getting this feature and that was before Garmin bought FirstBeat.

"But, what about others? I asked Garmin just that. Right now the plan is for it to come to all Garmin Fenix 6 & MARQ variants (beta already for that here), and then by the end of the year the Forerunner 945 will also get it. Hopefully we’ll see it expand more broadly than that."

• Garmin launched a lot of some expensive Solar-Models of the instinct. Next step? Garmin Boomer? Garmin Blue Jeans, Garmin Toilett Edition?

Garmin Instinct (non-Solar): $299
    Garmin Instinct Solar: $399
    Garmin Instinct Solar Tactical: $449
    Garmin Instinct Solar Camo: $449
    Garmin Instinct Solar Surf: $449

"Out of curiosity, I asked why the Camo was $50 more, despite having no additional features. Garmin says the cost is due to the added cost of the hydrographic application. I do think it’s slightly odd that the Instinct Tactical isn’t offered in the Camo colors. But hey, I’m not the on who has to decide which 11 colors make the cut. Speaking of which, here’s a Garmin image showing all the colors:"

www.dcrainmaker.com/.../garmin-instinct-solar-review-whats-new-different.html

• And, just for the Lulz like i get a Instinct Solar. To be a troll its important to have the devices, and not only talk about that. 30€ Hardware for 360€. Nixe price ;)

• Bruh don't buy Garmin is you don't like the watches? Or are you here just to complain?

Nothing stops you from switching to Polar/Suunto/AW/whatever.