This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

What about Firstbeatfeatures?

Hi,

im pretty sure Former Member wont answer ;)

But. Is there any chance to get, as example, the 300% better, sleep analysis from FB at the 245? I know the articel by DC Rainmaker, but that was bevore Garmin buy Firstbeat.

Regards

Top Replies

All Replies

• Is there any chance to get, as example, the 300% better, sleep analysis from FB at the 245?

The other day you were arguing on the F6 forum that Garmin wouldn't add new FirstBeat features to existing watches after the acquisition.  You gave several reasons on why you said it wouldn't happen. I'll quote you, "Never ever".  Now you're here asking asking for them?  Was your F6 post just to argue?

forums.garmin.com/.../garmin-acquires-firstbeat-analytics

• Because i can? Should be enough not only discuss that in the 800€ Class Board.

Im pretty sure that i would not happend. That's because Garmin is what it is. You can buy a VA4, it can take a break from training but it has a barometer. Then you can buy a 245, which can "pause" at training but has no barometer.

• Even if they do not bring the sleep widget to the 245, they should definitely replace the Garmin Connect algorithm with the Firstbeat one.

They should also allow server side calculations for Firstbeat calculations like Body Battery and Training Load. It is absolutely ridiculous that imported Zwift workouts has no effect on Training Load. Instead you have to record the activity on multiple platforms at the same time which creates duplication.  

• garmin is going to buy firsbeat, so i believe this license bid is over.
  • He is a troll, posting in almost every forum here how bad Garmin is and how bad their service is. Just ignore that user, like i do. 

• Nope. thats wrong. VA3/VA4 is mine, a FR235 also. Im a customer, if you like or not. Im not you and belive in everything whats garmin not say.

• unfortunate garmin policy is this, it does not update old devices with new features. It could follow samsung that even updates gear s3 or apple that updates its old devices. Now, I just don't understand these features not arriving at 245, because until today there is no successor to that line.

• The 245 has being receiving (slightly cut down) updates with the 945, so if this comes to the 945, it should come to the 245.

Also the Apple Watch sleep update should put pressure on Garmin to sort out it's crappy sleep metrics on current watches.

But there is no successor to the 645, and that has not even being receiving updates that the 245 has received.

• Not sure.

235 ~2015
    245 ~2019

Vivoactive 3 End 2017
    VA4/Venu: End 2019

Fenix 5: Q1/2017
    Fenix 6: Q2 2019

Fenix 6 are the only one, atm, with some new cool Firstbeatfeatures (Sleep), VA4 get a new feature but its useless.

Why? Im pretty sure Zange can explain it because im trolling arround. But, how can you caclculate a "Body battery" if you are not able to detect naps? You are not able to say your ETA if you only now the distance, but not the speed.

Garmin dosent use Widgets, you have to pull on demand on your smartphone. You have to setup your favorite sleep time...why? A 30€ MiBand can dtect it with closed eyes? Yes, Zange...im troling arround and dont use Garmin products. For sure.

• I don't understand that monitoring the garmin 245 music is too bad. Even mi band 5 can be better. Today I woke up at 6 am and stayed in bed until 9 am. The clock said I woke up at 9:00.