This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Audio Prompts no longer working on Garmin 245 Music

Two weeks ago, I went out on runs and the audio prompts were working with my 245 music (no phone with me). All of a sudden, they stopped working. It doesn't matter if my phone is there or not - no audio prompts. All the settings are turned on - heart rate every 1 minute and average pace every 3 minutes. Is there a problem with a recent software update?

• I have the exact same problem, it suddenly stopped working. All the settings are turned on, but I only hear the audio beeps :-(

• Mine works but the pace it reads aloud is completely different from what my watch is telling me. This happens workouts that have a specific pace range I'm supposed to stay within.

Let's say the range max is 6:00/km and I go too fast. It will alert me that I'm going too fast, but tell me that my current pace is 6:23/km or something like that through the headphones.

• I am experiencing something super similar!!  I work with a running coach & my workouts automatically sync with my watch. I always have pace ranges. Since December 2019 through April, watch would alert me when I was too fast or too slow for range by audible beep, vibrate, and watch face would flash the current pace so I would know how under or over I was. About a month ago, watch still alerts me that I am out of the pace range through a beep and vibrate, but it no longer shows me current pace. It basically makes the workout feature useless if you are using it for pace. I now submitted a case with Garmin today.

• I have the exact same problem too. The watch still vibrates and highlights my auto lap distance of 0.5km but I dnt hear anything through my headphones. My music continues to play fine though. 

• Did a bit of reading on the forums and saw that if you plug your watch into the computer it syncronises and after that audio prompts work. Tried that and on my first run, bang, audio prompts were back working for the first time in a month. Fingers crossed it stays fixed and this works for others.

• What do you mean plug watch into computer?

Just connected via USB?

Thanks

• Exactly. Then your watch will update rather than have it update via your phone and connect/connect IQ. Mine has fixed and is working well now

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 3 years ago

I had the same problem and i checked all the forums and tried all suggestions, but nothing worked. 

Until i found this. Go to device - activity options - audio prompts - alert volume.

Check if the volume is up, mine was off for some reason, I dunno why, i never changed anth in the app since i got my garmin in February. 

I hope this will help someone. 

• I have a new 245 - Found the setting for the Audio prompts - worked for one run then stopped working.  I have tried everything short of wiping the phone, uninstalling and re-installing everything.  

• Alina - I thought my problem was exactly the volume as well (it might still be) but in my case the Alert volume says "Adjust using the volume controls on your phone" When I try change this, I get the spinning circle of death on the app and it doesn't go any further.