This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 245 Series Updates SW 4.40 is now live

These updates can be downloaded with Garmin Express or automatically with Garmin Connect Mobile (pending rollout). 

Software Version 4.40:  

• Improvements to GPS
  • Fixed training modes (workouts, intervals, set a target, etc.) in Virtual Running to allow connection to phone app
  • Changed filtering of activities for Race an Activity. List of activities is now narrowed to those within the same general sport type.
  • Several improvements to Breathwork
  • Fixed an issue where the device would always display the 'Updating' spinner when changing an alarm
  • Miscellaneous bug fixes and improvements
  • Improvements to music playback/sync/providers 245M Only
  • Updated audio prompts. New prompts include high/low alerts. 245M Only
  • Several Wi-Fi related improvements 245M Only

GPS Version 4.10

• No change log available
  • I've noticed a little bug where I'm not able to remove an activity from the favorites list when there's only 1 activity. So when I have 2 activities marked as favorite (like run and bike), I can remove one of them from the favorites list but I can't remove the remaining one. However, I can remove the remaining one from the favorites list through the Garmin Connect app. (Forerunner 245 Music firmware 4.40)

• Should Garmin Express install new version immediately or is it also phased? My firmware is 4.20 and shows no new version when I sync.

• I installed the update through Garmin Express about 9 hours ago

• Does the automatic update also work from the beta 4.29? -> Yes it works.
    Can I install the update to 4.40 manually also?

• Former Member beta 4.29 introduced a brand new weather widget experience, displaying more and better data, and a temperature 6-hour trend graph. Why did you remove it from 4.40?

• Phased roll outs are the most annoying feature of owning and using a Garmin watch. Please provide 100% roll outs and download links to released updates. It would also be helpful if the Garmin Connect app informed the user of the current software version on the watch, the current latest release version of the software, and progress in downloading the update and sending it to the watch. Currently, the process is obscure and frustrating. Otherwise, the Forerunner 245M is an excellent running watch and a joy to use. 

• The only people who really notice the phased rollout are we here in the forum ;) An usual user gets the update if he is the next... A phased rollout is good for server capacity but in first also for reducing problems. If there is a bug which the beta testers did not found, it is better only 20 % of users have it instead of 100% ... so garmin can stop delivering the update for the rest of the users. So it makes sense for me. 

Beside this, i also waiting for the update on my FR245 ;) In most cases if the 50% is reached, the next step is the 100% sometimes on the same day...

• After the update, the software version shows 4.40 and the GPS version shows 2.90 (!) with the bracketed exclamation mark. Is this normal?

• Try doing another sync with wifi (on a 245m) or Garmin Express.

• Please bring back the old stress "take a moment to relax" breathwork either as default or as an option. I know I can do a breathwork activity, I hate this vibration for each section (in, hold, out, hold). This makes me more stressed, not less.

I liked to use this while meditating and I 100% cannot anymore and it's not even an option so I just have to stop using it.