This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 245 Series Updates SW 4.40 is now live

These updates can be downloaded with Garmin Express or automatically with Garmin Connect Mobile (pending rollout). 

Software Version 4.40:  

• Improvements to GPS
  • Fixed training modes (workouts, intervals, set a target, etc.) in Virtual Running to allow connection to phone app
  • Changed filtering of activities for Race an Activity. List of activities is now narrowed to those within the same general sport type.
  • Several improvements to Breathwork
  • Fixed an issue where the device would always display the 'Updating' spinner when changing an alarm
  • Miscellaneous bug fixes and improvements
  • Improvements to music playback/sync/providers 245M Only
  • Updated audio prompts. New prompts include high/low alerts. 245M Only
  • Several Wi-Fi related improvements 245M Only

GPS Version 4.10

• No change log available
  • Mine says GPS 2.9 too.. I don't have a pc to sync to garmin express.. Will the ota be updated to fix this? I have tried 2nd sync etc 

• It happened to me too.

Luckily, I always get the software updates very quickly. I don't know why.

After some hours I got the 4.40 update, I read your comment and checked my watch to see if it was showing the "2.90 (!)", otherwise I wouldn't have noticed it. The watch also had that same "2.90(!)" at the GPS version.

A while later, my watched showed that it had another software update available, I installed it and the GPS version is now 4.10.

• And now my Bluetooth sensors work with the watch, after 3 months and 2 or 3 software updates. Thanks for that.

• Doing a 2nd sync while connected to the PC fixed my GPS issue. Now showing version 4.10

• Garmin-Blake, what were the improvements to GPS? Before, the general assumption was that GPS+GLONASS was usually the most accurate mode (at least above the 40th North Parallel), as you put in the most work to optimize that mode with the new chipset. I always had a positive experience with that mode, but to be fair, my tests with GPS+GALILEO also didn't yield any negative results. Did you now put in more work into GPS+GALILEO? What's the general recommendation regarding which mode to use?

• I’ve had this watch (245 non-Music) for a few weeks. I made a thread the other day about the poor accuracy when viewing on a map. Since this firmware update it’s even worse! I’m literally never shown on the road I’m on. Sometimes I’d estimate from the map that I’m up to 10 metres off the road in the middle of a field or river. The terrain is always mixed - sometimes open, sometimes by houses, sometimes by hedges but I’m always mapped completely off the road when my activity was always on it. Today’s ride, after a mile or two I am never on the road at any point! The return route (and and back) puts me even further off! 

• Actually, just looking again and the mapping seem more accurate on Garmin Connect than when it syncs to Strava. Why might that be? I’m on the road much more on Garmin Connect maps. Do the maps not quite match up when they sync?

• Battery drain after this new release.

Around 1.15% / hour with this new 4,40

Previously around 0,85% / hour.

I will really stop to upgrade when nothing interest me in release note.

Best regards,

Z.

• Audio prompts are gone with this update. I know longer get the voice and pace on laps. 

• I have the same issue on FR245M. 

In Settings/Audio Prompts I have "Lap Alert" and "Pace/Speed Alert" (per lap frequency) set to ON, but no voice during my run. 

ETA: my device