This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 245 Series Updates SW 4.40 is now live

These updates can be downloaded with Garmin Express or automatically with Garmin Connect Mobile (pending rollout). 

Software Version 4.40:  

• Improvements to GPS
  • Fixed training modes (workouts, intervals, set a target, etc.) in Virtual Running to allow connection to phone app
  • Changed filtering of activities for Race an Activity. List of activities is now narrowed to those within the same general sport type.
  • Several improvements to Breathwork
  • Fixed an issue where the device would always display the 'Updating' spinner when changing an alarm
  • Miscellaneous bug fixes and improvements
  • Improvements to music playback/sync/providers 245M Only
  • Updated audio prompts. New prompts include high/low alerts. 245M Only
  • Several Wi-Fi related improvements 245M Only

GPS Version 4.10

• No change log available
  • So this morning I tried to sync my watch before I went for a run and it didn’t seem to function. I went for a run and noticed the Pace was way off to what was eventually displayed when I logged back onto the app. Again sync problems despite my run being displayed! I’ve also notice that it has dropped by 20% within an hour. And I’m just working at my desk. I’ve since tried going into the control menu but the ‘light’ button only ‘Calls for assistance’ and I cannot access the menu to switch my watch off. Can any one help?? Cheers

• Yeah, check the 945 forum.  Our watches have the same GPS update, and most of ours are showing 2.90 (!) as well.  Some got theirs to update properly to 4.10 by doing a second sync, but it didn't work in my case. 

• Same problem here!

• @1929435 I think you can turn the vibrations off in the breathwork settings?

• Hi Garmin-blake, could you please expose the 4.40 sw as a zip file so I can install it manually? I Cant install through garmin express because my device reports its memory as full (as I wrote in the post for the latest update and on which I received no response whatsoever).

Will be waiting.

Thanks in advance.

• Maybe I’m doing something wrong but on Garmin connect and on my device it’s says there is no sw update. And I’m still on old sw. 

• OK - we figured it out in the 945 forum.  If you do a second sync over Garmin Express on a PC/Mac, it will work.  The OTA GPS update seems to be damaged or something. 

• I'm glad you got it figured out with Garmin Express!

I would be curious if it shows up in the RemoteSW folder on devices where Garmin Connect Mobile hasn't installed it. 

• > Maybe I’m doing something wrong but on Garmin connect and on my device

> it’s says there is no sw update. And I’m still on old sw. 

Same for me.

Former Member Is the rollout supposed to be complete? I am not getting the 4.40 update for my 245M using Garmin Express. Thanks!

• Thanks for sharing.

Will this also erase the (!) behind GPS: 2.90?

Kr,

Fer