This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

OHR doesn't switch off when connecting BT HR or Ant+ HR strap

Hi,

Subject has raised for several other types of Garmin watches and has been resolved in the end.  So my first guess this should be a 'bug'.

Wrist heart rate is set to auto and HR strap (BT or Ant+) is connected, still OHR is flahing green. 

Also turning OHR from auto to off will not stop the green light of OHR from flashing. Even when HR strap is connected.

Does the FR245 shows the same behaviour at your end? 

Thanks for your response.

Kr,

Fer

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to Fer

yes to...and thx for activating Slight smile

Not from Garmin, but Wahoo.  Shouldn't be an issue though as this strap is also able to broadcast HR in Ant+ format. 

you are right ... is no issue...

OFF is OFF is the issue...did you do the restart ?

• Hi OnlyTwo,

After the restart as proposed by you everything works like a "charm":   

• OHR stops flashing after BT HR strap is connected
    • OHR stops flashing when it is put to off 

Now I also get a "pop up" on the watch when I am in a sports activity saying "ext hart rate connected".  

Many thanks for highlighting the restart action! 

Cheers,

Ferdinand 

• Hi,

Restarting the watch solves the issue, although when pulse oxy is triggered (red flashing light), the issue comes up again.

Seems that pulse oxy is causing this bug.  

Do you have a FR245?  Could you check if your watch is showing the same behaviour? 

Kr,

Ferdinand

• Former Member

Sorry Ferdinand, I do not own a FR245.

Someone else with a FR245 chime in please.

In the mean time I would recommend you to call Garmin Support and tell them about your mishap.

But, your watch is not running the lastest firmware version Wink

• Former Member
  • Hi,

Tested today 3 other different FR245 watches:

1. Software version 2.6 and FR245 with music-> same issue/bug
    2. Sotware version 2.7 and FR245 with music -> same issue/bug
    3. Software version 2.7 and FR245 with no music -> same issue/bug
    4. Software version 2.2 and FR245 with music -> no issue/bug.  OHR turns off as it should, even after red oxy light.

Final verdict: it is a software issue which is caused somewhere in version 2.3 or after.

Please sent mail to Garmin Support if you encounter same issue/bug in order to get it prioritised high.  Why?

1. If ext. HR strap is connected and OHR doesn't turn off, the OHR data is used instead of ext. HR data.  
    2. It is cumbersum to each time turn of and on the watch before a run.
    3. Or sleep pulse oxy should be turned off.  But then the sleep monitoring can't benefit from that. 

Kr,

Fer

• Same problem here.

SW 2.90, Pulse Ox activated at night, and HRM Run connected. Still, the OHR is on during activity.

• The same problem here. 245 non music, FW 2.90. OHR auto. Message "Polar H10 connected". SPO2 sleep ON. Green light running.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago

hi,

when experiencing the same mishap

go to this thread and ask to be added to the ticket

another-bug-hrm-run-and-run-activity-watch-hr-sensor-leds-still-working

I was just able to recreate this on my own device after turning pulseOX on. I will be creating an engineering ticket and escalating this issue. 

Please respond to this post confirming if you are okay with us adding you to this ticket. We will not need to gather any information from this issue, we will just need consent to add your account. This allows us to gauge customer impact. 

happy resolving