This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

OHR doesn't switch off when connecting BT HR or Ant+ HR strap

Hi,

Subject has raised for several other types of Garmin watches and has been resolved in the end.  So my first guess this should be a 'bug'.

Wrist heart rate is set to auto and HR strap (BT or Ant+) is connected, still OHR is flahing green. 

Also turning OHR from auto to off will not stop the green light of OHR from flashing. Even when HR strap is connected.

Does the FR245 shows the same behaviour at your end? 

Thanks for your response.

Kr,

Fer

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago

has your 245 the latest software versions (up to date ?)

how do you check if the strap is connected ?

do you go into sensors menu and look if strap is connected ?

do you wear or hold the watch during your check ?

happy sporting

• Hi,

Software version 2.6.  2.7 has a bug with restarting, so reluctant to update.  Will wait on new update. 

I check during run > options > sensors > HR strap 'says' connected.

I wear the watch during check. 

Do you experience the same behaviour? 

With my FR935 the OHR stops flashing when HR strap oa connected.  It doesn't make much sense to have both registering HR data at the same time. 

Cheers,

F

• It's because you have Pulse Ox on, it needs the lights. Turn it off and check.

• Hi, 

Do you mean SLEEP Pulse Ox? 

Why does it neef the green lights then? 

Sleep pulse oxy is registered during a part of my sleep and not during a run.  When measuring pulse ox via widget the light is red and not green as during run.

I will definitely give it a try.  

Thanks,

Fer

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to Fer

Are you using Garmin Pay and activating your security code prior to your activity? As I understand it from another post, once your security code is entered the light stays active and if the sensor detects the watch is removed, it turns off your code. It does this as a security measure. Could this be what's happening? 

• Hi TMK,

Unfortunately the FR245 doesn't have Garmin Pay.  So this could't be the reason. 

Just tested with Puls Oxy off.  Same result.  OHR keeps flashing.

Kr,

Fer

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to Fer

Sorry. I thought it was a feature. 

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago
    Also turning OHR from auto to off will not stop the green light of OHR from flashing. Even when HR strap is connected.

not normal Wink

OFF is OFF

turn off and restart your watch by long pressing the light button until the screen goes dark

the hr strap is not a Garmin one ?

would you please turn on your "online" status...like talking to a non present user without the "online" status

• would you please turn on your "online" status...like talking to a non present user without the "online" status

Enabled presence tracking ... are you referring to this? 

• the hr strap is not a Garmin one ?

Not from Garmin, but Wahoo.  Shouldn't be an issue though as this strap is also able to broadcast HR in Ant+ format.