NPE Runn sensor and incline data?

I had high hopes for using the npe runn sensor to get incline information about my run into my watch and the connect app.

I might have misunderstood how it works.

I see the incline data stored in a separate field under connect iq, bit the data is not stored under total acent or added to floors.

So the runn sensor feels kind of useless unless you use it with Zwift etc.

Am I doing something wrong, or is the data not added to my activity the way I want? 

• Well it gives three bits of feedback , speed - cadence - incline ... so you will have accurate speed, since wrist based speed is junk if you do much on incline or if your pace-cadence relationship isn't very good.  ALso if you are wiping sweat, getting a drink, opening candy/fuel or fiddling with treadmill with your watch hand you will still have accurate cadence and speed.  For those alone it is probably great (a footpod would get you close to that quality)... 

Inline:  I don't have sensor but have looked at it a lot.  it has always been a bit unclear how watches handle the data or if/how it shows up.  Are you getting a graph of the incline %?  Do you have the Runn Connect IQ add on from the store?  According to DC Rainmaker user comments below the review, it should work to give elevation.

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2020/01/npe-runn-treadmill-smart-sensor-everything-you-need-to-know.html

• This is the information I get. This is from my interval training with 15% incline . No data on ascent, not counting towards floors etc.

Elevation is only through the connect iq app from what I can tell, while speed, distance etc is correctly added.

• I use treadmill smart speed downloadable on the App Store. I got fed up with the Milestone foot pod, batteries etc. Foot pod always said I was going slower than my treadmill, even though I calibrated it over and over. Just be honest with yourself and others if you use the app. (You can crank it to 15 miles per hour!)

• One thing to keep in mind is that treadmills may show a faster speed than you're actually going, because of the belt slipping. So, the speed is actually based on the motor's speed, and that can be different from the belt's speed.

• You're not doing anything wrong.  At the time of writing, Garmin doesn't support the part of the ANT+ Fitness Equipment profile for treadmills, and the treadmill activity doesn't support incline or elevation, which is why Runn made their own data field.  But Garmin doesn't allow the incline or elevation data provided by third-party data fields to be added to the native data fields - they can only contribute in the ConnectIQ section.

• This subject is exactly what i'm looking for. I use high-incline treadmill and i can't put any incline or elevation data into the Garmin native data system. Right now, the only solution is NPE RUNN connect iq data field. I wish Garmin updates it as soon as possible.