This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Hrm dual intermittent drops in heartrate

I’m using a HRM Dual with my FR245M.

since the first run with the HRM-Dual I’ve been experiencing intermittent drops in the heartrate readings. It’s as if the hrm misses a couple of beats every now and then.

I found and old thread from two years ago mentioning a bug in FW4.5 (or something like that). But the HRM is version 2.50, connected with ant+. The watch is on version 10.40. So i don’t think this issue is the same.

the strap is soaked before use, worn snuggly on the chest. I have changed the battery to a fresh one. But the issue persists. 

It doesnt matter if i go fast or slow, have a high pulse or a low… 

anyone else has this issue? Any suggestions on what i could do differently? Is it me or the HRM Dual thats doing someting wierd?

• This is from my latest run with a tight strap, bluetooth connection, outdoors, in warm weather…

• I have the same problem. It doesn't matter what I am trying, fast or slow running, wet or dry, with or without shirt or different positions, it looks always the same. I had intensive contact to Garmin and send a lot of files to them but the developers found nothing they could do. They argue that I am the problem, either I have hiccup or I snezze or I burp all the time. That is their explanation. But I am pretty sure I would have recognized if I do one of these things all the time in this regular intervals. I had the problem already  with the Forerunner 935 starting with one update, but I do not remember wich update it was and the problem persists also with the Forerunner 945 and with all straps I have. So, with other words, Garmin will do nothing.

• Have you tried a monitor from any other brand? Polar, or any of the others?

• So far not, because I am not willing to spend more money for another chest strap. Since the problem appeared with an update of the Forerunner 935, I think it is a problem of the watch. But of course, I am not sure about that. I accepted to live with this problem and maybe in some time (after some updates) it disappeares. If it stays like it is (just a few seconds) I hope it will not disturb the calculation of any parameter that depends on the heart rate. The main problem I have is when I start a suggested training. Everytime the dropout happens, you get the warning that your heart beat is to low.

• Garmin Support is sending me a replacement HRM-Dual. Will be interesting to see if that resolves the issue.

Thanks for the tips on reaching out to the support!

• The new HRM-dual has the same issue as the first one.

I tried bluetooth pairing the new replacement device with a training app on the phone and record a run, while simultaneously record the run wia the watch. The data in the app on the phone had the same issues as the data recorded via the Forerunner. 

which leads me to believe that the issue is in the strap or the heartbeat-pod-thing.

i contacted the support again with this info and i am eagerly awaiting their reply!!