This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin HRM Dual firmware version 2.50

Since there is no dedicated forum for accessories, I thought it would make sense to post it in a few places.

Today I've got a prompt to upgrade my HRM Dual to version 2.50(previously I had 2.30). So I did that, my Vivoactive 4 is working perfectly with it via ANT+ but all Bluetooth based programs on my mobile, which I've tested e.g. Elite HRV, Wahoo, HRV4 Training, HRV Logger no longer working. Apparently Garmin changed the format they output data or something as now instead of Serial I see 2.50 which is the version of firmware.

I think that the apps developers will need to fix it now, so maybe give it a time before doing the upgrade.

Hey , I guess this may be not your department but are there a way to find out what changes were made in the new firmware to HRM Dual today?

SOLUTION: If you  have a problem with non-working bluetooth apps on your phone after the update, check bluetooth settings on your phone and see if you have paired HRM Dual, if so just try to remove(forget) it from paired devices, this step fixed the issues with apps for me.

• Thanks for the file name do you have a copy of the gcd file? Yeah I use the sensor with the ant+ connection and only have the epo.bin file in remotesw. I'll try Garmin Express again later and remove and add the watch back as a device to see it that sorts it!

• So.... first run with my Nordictrack treadmill last nigh aaaaannnd.... my HRM-dual won't connect to my Treadmill.  Usually just autoconnects, there isn't a menu or button to unpair and pair... ugh!  

Guessing my only option might be to go into the admin mode of the screen/tablet and hopefully find a paired bluetooth device list?  I think on NT you just tap the screen like 15 times real fast or something iirc.   

I guess I'll give the treadmill a power cycle first and see if that does the trick.

EDIT:  Tried the power down and that did the trick (was also in Admin mode if maybe that helped?)  - back working with iFit / nordictrack.  However the export from ifit to strava was all jacked up and had not the right HR data... but is right on the iFit side of things.   ugh!

• Saw this thread while searching for a solution to recent problems pairing with Zwift that seem to be totally random.

I have not received a prompt to update to 2.50. The Garmin device I use typically with the Dual HRM is the Edge 520 (I don't use this when I am using Zwift though). I can confirm that the Edge 520 sees the HRM and provides serial # info, battery status, and shows firmware as 2.30 now. However, I don't see a way to force an update to 2.50 from the Garmin. Is this possible from the Edge 520 or are only newer devices supported?

TIA for any help you can offer.

• I have not received a prompt to update to 2.50. The Garmin device I use typically with the Dual HRM is the Edge 520 (I don't use this when I am using Zwift though). I can confirm that the Edge 520 sees the HRM and provides serial # info, battery status, and shows firmware as 2.30 now. However, I don't see a way to force an update to 2.50 from the Garmin. Is this possible from the Edge 520 or are only newer devices supported?

I got it through my Vivoactive 4 using ANT+ connection, previously I read somewhere possibly DCRainmaker that HRMs would receive updates via Bluetooth. Anyway I got it just fine. Also maybe it was updated already, it's probably worth checking what version you HRM Dual has right now.