This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Hrm Pro and Run are unusable after first change of factory battery cause the sudden discharging of all new batteries

After that to ALL of mine straps owned, two Hrm Run and now a Hrm Pro, has happened the same thing, I'm sure of that: after changing factory battery the strap drains all brand new battery that you put in in a few hours or days or little more but there's nothing to do, it's like they were short circuited on the strap, when you wear the first time all seems working then the battery get discharged. I tried everything, even put the battery on reverse side for a while but there's nothing to do. I'm sure that Garmin is aware of this problem cause on the web there are many cases like mine, I also suppose it's done on purpose otherwise it's unesplicable how this happens and how they didn't fix it. You can change under warrenty the first time but at the end of two years you are forced to buy a new one since the factory battery lasts 1 year. For me this situation it's a shame since that this are very expensive devices, next time I think I'll buy a normal strap from another brand giving up to running dynamics and other features.

• they put a seal and when you remove the lid it breaks.

The o-ring is the seal. It easily gets displaced but needs to be carefully replaced. Agree the design is not the best given the ease in which the o-ring can be displaced.

• I had my strap refunded.. and will never buy one again. Although inaccurate, i will use heart rate from my watch and say good bye to run dynamics

• Ok i'm so stupid that I can't do this correctly, I'm telling you that I replaced the battery very carefully every time, the oring remains in his exact position and i even didnt touch it. 

• I'm also dumb and I had the same problem. For some reason, stupid Garmin replaced my belt under warranty with a new one.

• Ok i'm so stupid that I can't do this correctly,

I have not even remotely suggested you are. However, virtually every time I've had to replace the battery the O-ring has moved. I'd be interested to know how yours never has. My remedy to hold it in place when replacing the cover is to put silicone grease where the o-ring sits then carefully replace the o-ring, then the cover tightening the screws evenly in diagonals.

• For some reason, stupid Garmin replaced my belt under warranty with a new one.

Lucky you to find a supportive Garmin agent. Let us know how you get on replacing batteries in future.

• Let us know how you get on replacing batteries in future

A week ago, I took the battery out of the case for a while, because I wanted to "overload" the device. There is a suspicion that he is starting to overestimate the pulse ((I haven't used it yet, but everything is OK with the battery.

• I have same same issue with 2 hrm (Tri and Pro), 2 vivofit Jr, and 2 vivofit jr. 2.

• hi all,

i didn't want to believe it when i read this issue years ago, just changed the battery yesterday and got the issue today ..

I was happy the HRM ppro was still ok after changing battery as the first one died without any reason, I got a replacement alrerady, so i don't know where am I with warranty now. will call support and see. first i believe the strap was permanently connected to some device, phone or watch in house that it drains the battery quickly, but today it was the time on the road to my running spot like 15' ..as I've just changed the battery before to ensure a safe exercice .. :-(

it's definivetely not due to wet entering in the case, i didn't start my running ..

Just done a firmware update before calling the support , let's see. 

• Do you have any update? I have the same with an HRM pro and and TRI battery replacement make them work a few minutes, over estimating the HR and dying.

2 devices with the same issue. Pro was update not long ago and I can't the TRI but was similar I believe.

VERY very annoying