This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

HRM-Pro and battery life

I've HRM-pro and just run out of the third battery within a year. Is this normal? The most interesting part is that no more battery warning. The battery life goes from good to zero overnight.

When you wake up at 4am to go for a run and no signal from the HRM belt, the aggravation level good up quite a bit Grinning

• I have had the same problem with the battery, and druing a run where I sweated more than usual it started to have connection issues and after that the band became useless. It´s not connection to my watch anymore and it shows up in teh garmin connect app but can´t pair anymore. I have wahoo ticker x as well and that has no problem.

• So, just saw this thread and I changed the battery on my hrm run and three days later it was dead….changed the battery again and it worked for another 3 days….so, I’m wondering, is it possible that something in the strap is causing the battery to constantly be connected/ run (no pun intended)…because it doesn’t make sense the battery is completely dead in 3 days….obviously I could get new strap or take the battery out after I run and just stick it back in before my next run…..just wondering if anyone has found a solution to this problem?

• When changing the battery makes no difference, likely it's cracked on the inside, as mentioned in this thread - HRM-Tri micro cracks always on upper right screw - design flaw or user improper use?

Garmin replaced my HRM-Run twice under warranty, until it was eventually out of the warranty period. Fortunately, the latest HRM-Pro Plus has changed this design.

• Appreciate the response….will just have to take battery out after each use until I get a new one….you try the new hrm pro plus? I think that’s what it is called….with no screws?

• I have the Pro-Plus, Just had to do a battery change. Very easy and had no issues. Definitely easier than the screws..

• I’ve now had exactly the same problem with three brand new batteries for my hrm pro. Each battery is dead after 1week . Previously a battery would last more than a year.

is it possible to force a firmware update / reset?

• Same problem.

no more battery status, always 100% and battery seem discharging in 1 week (three runs).

Exactly 2 years of use, after lose of  the warranty coverage

• Have you tried contacting Garmin Support? There are several people having problems and it is known to Garmin. They might replace. 

• No because  I doesn't have warranty coverage (ended 1 month ago).

Some year ago I tried to contact Garmin Support for a problem at the watch(out of warranty) they can retire the product but I have to pay all the expenses, to send and repair it.

But i can try again.