This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

HRM-dual always active?

I have HRM-dual for almost one and a half years. The battery died in less than a year. The second one was drained within two months. And so on. Today when I inserted my new batter (4th in last 17 months), I noticed that the device is always active -- irrespective of whether it is snugged onto the strap or removed from the strap. I experimented even after two hours after removing from the strap.

This of course explains the cause of draining the battery. However, it is not clear how to "turn off" the module! I use it with FR-235. 

Any tips?

-- VInay

P.S.

Not sure if the OP in this post also had the same issue!

• I had a similar problem with my HRM Run two days ago. Less than two months ago I had to change the battery, now it was empty again. After changing it I put it back on the shelf, 2m away from my desk where the watch was, running a timer app. Suddenly the watch and the strap connected although I wasn't wearing it! Yesterday the battery was too empty again. I contacted Garmin. The strap is 10 months old. It's a replacement for another one that lasted 1.5 years and died with the same problem.