This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

HRM Pro is not sending heart rates to my watch after open water swims

Hi all,

Garmin Forerunner 735xt user here. I've noticed the past couple of days that the HRM Pro wil not send any heart rate data to my watch after open water swims. I didn't have this problem before, is it some software update issue? Battery level is good and latest software version is 7.1

It works fine for cycling and running.

• I have done that with mine. It fixed the issue, it downloaded heart rates, but it worked only for a month or so. The strap won’t connect to none of my Garmin devices anymore. After having used and exchanged 2-3 HRM Pro straps, I tend to believe there is some kind of problem when they are used for swimming. I don’t know, I might be wrong, but I’d like to get some feedback from other swimmers who use it.

• I’ve not had any issues with HR data not downloading to my watch after my open water swims, since the 7.40 software came out in beta 2 over months ago. I also use my HRM Pro daily for other activities (that don’t need store and forward), so I’m not a light or occasional user of my HRM Pro, and I got the strap shortly after they were launched. So all I can say is that 7.40 has fixed the issue for me and I’m still on my original strap, with everything working as it should now.

• Ok, good to know. I may have had faulty units, who knows.. I can confirm I have no issues when I use it for running and cycling though, it is just the swimming part that gave me troubles always. 

• Has there been a resolution? 

• I believe most people on this thread (myself included) have seen this resolved by updating to 7.40. Have you tried doing that from Garmin Connect Mobile or your watch?