This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

HRM Pro is not sending heart rates to my watch after open water swims

Hi all,

Garmin Forerunner 735xt user here. I've noticed the past couple of days that the HRM Pro wil not send any heart rate data to my watch after open water swims. I didn't have this problem before, is it some software update issue? Battery level is good and latest software version is 7.1

It works fine for cycling and running.

• Just a small update. It is not the heart rates from the watch. The 735xt can’t record heart rates while swimming. 

• Ah yes, my bad, I'd misread your 735 for 745.  If you are interested, there is a way of manually checking for the presence of downloaded HR data from HRM Tri/Swim/Pro.  If you export the 'original' activity fit file from express and upload it here https://fit2tcx.runalyze.com/temp/, then you view the fit file data in that website, as you scroll down you will see most of the activity broken down in to 'packets' of data stored every second (or a time interval as the watch decides, if you have Smart rather than Every Second set).  Live HR data is recorded within those packets , so the packets should go blank once you are submerged and the watch cannot receive the strap HR broadcast.  Any cached HR downloaded from the strap afterwards, seems to be dumped in a big lump at the end of the fit file.

• Thanks a lot, I’ll check it next time it happens, I am left with my HRM Swim band for now and it seems to work fine so far. Waiting for the new Pro to arrive, Garmin said they are replacing my old one. But as you have probably already read above, Garmin has acknowledged the issue, let’s see what they will come up with. Thanks again! 

• Any updates?
    t's been a month since... Using my Fenix 6 with HRM-Pro ver 7.1, the issue continues....

• Hello, I also have the same problem. When I use watch just for running everything working fine but for swimming it doesn't work.

• Me too. Just tried my new HRM-Pro with Fenix 6x. On leaving the water, Fenix showed 'HRM-Pro connected' and 'Downloading data' - then 'No HR data found'.  Garmin Connect shows continuous heart rate date before, during and after the swim. Just not with the swim activity. I had Fenix on my wrist but over a thick glove - so HR data unlikely to come from there(?)  The Pro has just one job to do.. and fails miserably. £100+ well spent :-(

HRM-Pro 7.1
    Fenix 6x Pro 15.20 

• Yep me too, still having the same problem on my Fenix 6X Sapphire with the HRM PRO on 7.1 - Still saying no HR data found. I think the data is from the HRM Pro but what ever the issue is it wont save or store on it, maybe a cache issue on it. But not sure if the connection on it is stable either. Its been a known issue from garmin for atleast 3 months now. Very slow getting a fix on this. If you take out the battery for 5 mins and put it back it works but this is only temporary. Mine is back to giving no data again. Wish they would atleast give a rough time line for the fix

• Hello guys, 

Any update? It has been almost half a year and there are competitive offering emerging on the market from Wahoo and others.. and we are still struggling with the basic bugs here.. and it all under the condition that HRM Pro is the MOST EXPENCIVE on the market! So please move ..

Thnks!

• Is a resolution still in the works? Just purchased 2 new HRM-PROs and received them 30 March.  Neither are sending data to our forerunner 935s.