This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin HRM Run- electrode is separating from strap

The electrodes are separating from the strap (its 1.2 yo strap, being cared as recommended)- is it under warranty.

any recommendations for a glue?

• I would say this is normal wear for a HR strap. Im on my third one on the old HRM run where you can detach the pod.
    After 1.5-2 years of 5-10hours per week usage and care as instructed, the straps always start to disintegrate for me.
    That is the real downside of the new model, you can't replace the strap.

• Same thing happening to my HRM Tri after 13 months of heavy use (about 10 hours per week in humid, sweaty conditions). I used it mainly for running. Think this is about average for the life span of these straps? I rinse it off after every run and hand wash with soap once a week. 

I'm hoping it will last longer but just picked up an HRM Run since I have a marathon next week and want to use an HR monitor. Hopefully rotating between the two will extend the life spans. 

• The same thing happened on my HRM run, after 8 months of use:  3/5 workouts per week

running, crossfit, indoor rower, and sometimes biking.  Washed with clear water after each workout.

I dont know if I can still use this heart belt , especially for running in order  to get  vo2 max and physical condition ? 

• Glued mine with fabric contact glue and it works fine (~8 monthes now)

• Ok, thank you for the advice.

• Yes, same here. It is the second time it happens to me. I bought a HRM pro because I thought the designe would be better. It is not. Elecgtrodes separated after four months....

Given the price, it is just not acceptable. They should dissociate the device from the strap so that it can be changed when the latter falls apart.

• Yes, same here. It is the second time it happens to me. I bought a HRM pro because I thought the designe would be better. It is not. Elecgtrodes separated after four months....

Given the price, it is just a no go. They should dissociate the device from the strap so that it can be changed when the latter falls apart.

• What type of fabric contact glue did you use?

• One that remains elastic. Something that is recommended for glueing shoe soles.