This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

HRM-Tri O-Ring

I'm on my 3rd HRM-Tri. They seem to leak into the battery compartment and fail after the first battery replacement. I think that o-ring should be replaced each battery change. I don't see the o-ring available for purchase online. Does anyone have a source for a replacement o-ring for the HRM-Tri, Run or Swim monitors? Thanks!

• 3/64" = 1.19imm  (there or there about).. 

• thanks for the hrm-tri red ring size as that is great info

the problem is where to get them cheap enough in 2021, I feel like they should be replaced with each battery swap because I am now going through a brand new brand name 2032 every 45 days! 

Water just gets in there no matter how careful to dry out, reset the ring, lock it tight.

Replacement ring should probably be a little thicker than even the garmin oem.

Garmin actually wants to just replace the whole HRM-TRI than send me more rings. It's insanity.

Does anyone know if the HRM-PRO uses the same ring/size? So  HRM-RUN/TRI/PRO would all be in the same boat?

Now the contact pads are starting to unglue. I cannot believe how poor the build quality is on these for something as an non-replaceable belt, I've owned many belts and the others like polar soft-strap will last years and is detachable.

This hasn't even lasted a year, I've used FIVE 2032 batteries (brand new, brand name Duracell) and now the pads.

If the wahoo ticker-x had better reviews I'd get that but I want the native metrics on the garmin, not their method.

• Have you tried to lubricate the o-ring with some silicon oil/grease? If the ring is too dry it often looses it's seal. From my experience it also makes them last a whole lot longer.

• Good point - I am always a little bit nervous which silicone grease to use with silicone o-rings, I heard they're quite sensitive.

For anybody in the US reading this: Is this a standard imperial-sized o-ring that is easy to procure on your side of the pond?

• Any updates on this discussion about where to find the right Oring for the HRM Tri-band?

I changed the battery of my band 5 months ago for the first time and since then I run out of battery every time I wash the band. It doesnt matter how lightly its done, water end up inside the compartment.

Is Garmin providing a replacement part for the o ring? is the PRO band impermeability any better?

For your response, many thanks.

• The same situation. Every time when I wash my HRM-Run in my hands I need to use new battery. It's not good. Now I waiting for new kit battery door and O-Ring and then We will see... I hope ti's help me because i'm afreid the water destroid my hrm betl afterall.