This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Bluetooth BLE / SMART sensors?

What's necessary,  that an Arduino 33 BLE is to be recognised and prepared for pairing as an external sensor for the Garmin  EDGE 830?
Pairing with an Bluetooth 4.0 Android smart phone works like a charme - not so with the EDGE 830 sadly.

• Using the CIQ BLE API I've had no problem communicating with things like a Raspberry Pi.  The thing is, both ends (the pi and the app) need to understand the specific BLE profile.  Some profiles are published and known (say for basic Heart rate), while others are not.  If you implement something like a std HRM profile, the device will likely be able to see it as a "standard" sensor, but for anything else, you "may" be able to access it with a custom CIQ app.  The CIQ 3.1 SDK has a couple of sample apps to talk to a nordic Thingy52, and He're a blog post I did about interfacing with a raspberry pi. (it's not a generic thing, as I define the profile)

https://forums.garmin.com/developer/connect-iq/b/news-announcements/posts/would-you-like-some-raspberry-pi-with-your-connect-iq

There's also threads in the CIQ developer forum were people are working on interfaces to other devices