Garmin HRM Problems

Hello – I am having a heck of a time with my HRM straps and have gone through at least five or six over the past 5 years.  My last strap (HRM-Run) only lasted for 25 uses and only worked for 23 of those.  This last strap should be easily replaced under warranty, but it is a pain to go through this so often.  I rinse the strap thoroughly with lukewarm water after each use and hand wash it with a little laundry soap once a week.  I have tried to handle the straps carefully and don’t drop them or fold/bend them sharply.  The only thing that I have been doing is using a small amount of Spectra 360 Electrode Gel on the contact pads.  What kind of life are others seeing from either the HRM-Tri or HRM-Run?   I typically run 5 to 6 times per week for an average of about 40 miles/week.  The straps connect with a FR-920XT watch and the symptoms seem to be an elevated but not erratic HR followed by a failure to connect.  If I change the battery, the strap only seems to last a very short while.  Any advice or help would be appreciated.

Parents
  • I'm using my HRM-run with my 630 for almost 3 years now, and start to see the electrodes pads detaching from the strap. So far the strap is still working, however I sense I need a new one soon. I'm using it typically 5hrs/week while running and some biking. Washing with just water after almost every use, letting dry on air.

With my previous HR soft straps, the lifespan was somewhere around 1,5 years. It was cheaper to replace just the strap, so I'm glad that the HRM lasted twice as long, as I like the additional data from it.

• I'm using my HRM-run with my 630 for almost 3 years now, and start to see the electrodes pads detaching from the strap. So far the strap is still working, however I sense I need a new one soon. I'm using it typically 5hrs/week while running and some biking. Washing with just water after almost every use, letting dry on air.

With my previous HR soft straps, the lifespan was somewhere around 1,5 years. It was cheaper to replace just the strap, so I'm glad that the HRM lasted twice as long, as I like the additional data from it.

Children
No Data