This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin HRM-run not found

A couple of days ago, my Garmin HRM-run strap stopped working. Because I thought the battery would have just run low, I replaced it with a (kind of expensive) Duracell 2032 battery. So far I have tried two new batteries, but the strap isn't found by my FR645M anymore. I have tried replacing the battery, deleting the strap from my watch and searching for it again. Is there anything else I can do? I'm kind of afraid it has died on me - which would really be frustrating, as I havent' been using it for more than two months. Has anyone got any advice?

• Hello – I am having a heck of a time with my HRM straps and have gone through at least five or six over the past 5 years.  My last strap (HRM-Run) only lasted for 25 uses and only worked for 23 of those.  This last strap should be easily replaced under warranty, but it is a pain to go through this so often.  I rinse the strap thoroughly with lukewarm water after each use and hand wash it with a little laundry soap once a week.  I have tried to handle the straps carefully and don’t drop them or fold/bend them sharply.  The only thing that I have been doing is using a small amount of Spectra 360 Electrode Gel on the contact pads.  What kind of life are others seeing from either the HRM-Tri or HRM-Run?   I typically run 5 to 6 times per week for an average of about 40 miles/week.  The straps connect with a FR-920XT watch and the symptoms seem to be an elevated but not erratic HR followed by a failure to connect.  If I change the battery, the strap only seems to last a very short while.  Any advice or help would be appreciated.

• I’ve had mine for 12.5 months and it has just suddenly stopped working. Warranty is 1 year, but I don’t think it is worth $100/year so I don’t think I’ll be buying another. 

• I had the same problem, my strap was replaced under warranty and shortly thereafter the same problem occurred. I allowed my watch to go dead and then charged it, after restarting it picked up the strap and has been OK since - hope it stays that way....

• I had the same problem, my strap was replaced under warranty and shortly thereafter the same problem reoccurred. I allowed my watch to go dead and then charged it, after restarting it picked up the strap and has been OK since - hope it stays that way....

• That’s an interesting idea. My watch connected to an old hr strap (not a HRM-run). I might try a few more things though before giving up. 

• I had same issue before.  I changed the HRM RUN Battery . And then I unpaired the HRM RUN  Master reset the Garmin GPS Watch before pairing again.  It works...

• Ok, so I removed the (new) battery and turned off my watch. Waited a few minutes, turned the watch back on and put the battery back in. I was able to pair this time and it seems to be fine. I had previously had my watch forget the hrm and that had not been enough. Seems to be good now, though. 

• Back to not working. 

• I've gone through 3 of the HRM-Run monitors. The 1st one died 6 months after purchase, so it was promptly replaced by Garmin. Then that one died within 8 months. I ended up buying a 3rd one and it has been working well for 9 months (knock on wood). I like this monitor and all the features it has, but certainly is a bit flakey.

• Mine lasted longer than the 52 week warranty, but not quite 54 weeks. Good estimate on the warranty Garmin.