This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin HRM-run not found

A couple of days ago, my Garmin HRM-run strap stopped working. Because I thought the battery would have just run low, I replaced it with a (kind of expensive) Duracell 2032 battery. So far I have tried two new batteries, but the strap isn't found by my FR645M anymore. I have tried replacing the battery, deleting the strap from my watch and searching for it again. Is there anything else I can do? I'm kind of afraid it has died on me - which would really be frustrating, as I havent' been using it for more than two months. Has anyone got any advice?

• I haven't had a lot of luck with the HRM-Run (the version with the pod). It seems like they die ignominiously shortly after a battery swap. My old-school HRM1G (the hard plastic type) is going strong 10 years later. If I want Running Dynamics, I'll add an RD Pod.

FWIW, some of the best batteries I've tried are actually IKEA PLATTBOJ CR2032! They're likely made in the same factory as Duracell, Energizer, or Sony, and cost a whopping $3.99CAD for a pack of eight. Best deal going on coin cells.

• some of the best batteries I've tried are actually IKEA PLATTBOJ

I concur. I've been using those for years in all my sensors and they never failed me.

• Same happened to me. My run hrm just died also. Tried suggestions and not working. Is it best to contact garmin?

• Yes, contacting Garmin would be a good option for you. I had one die on me and Garmin was very responsive. They immediately shipped out a new one without wanting the old one back.

Phone or chat works best - https://support.garmin.com

• I was about to buy a HRM-Run for my 945 but after reading reviews on Amazon and these ones I think I’ll stick to the optical HR for now! Is garmin possibly coming out with a new strap soon? 

• I have started using a really old Garmin HR strap that I got second hand from a friend and it is much more reliable than the much more expensive HRM-Run. It only does HR, but is a bit more accurate than the optical HR on my 645. The big draw for me is that I can wear my watch on the outside of a glove cuff in cold weather and still get HR. It isn’t as comfortable as the HRM-Run, but the HRM just won’t connect to my watch anymore.

it would be great to have a new strap. I would settle for a more comfortable HR-only if it is the running dynamics causing problems. 

• Same problem here. 
    i also tried battery replacement with the 30” wait and nothing happened. 
    it does not pair with my wife’s 245 so I don’t think it is my 945...

Any suggestion?

• I’m considering an HRM Dual or a non-Garmin HR strap. 

• Similar problem with a possible temporary fix.  I am on my fourth RUN-HRM in about 4 years.   First one lasted about a year then it was replaced under warranty. That one last about a year so I ended up just buying another one. That one lasted about a year, then I got it replace under warranty last March (2019).  The one I got in March died last week after about 11 months. Each time they go bad the same way.  It seems that eventually moisture gets in some how and then it doesn't emit a signal.  THE TEMPORARY FIX: The only way I can fix it is to open it up, dab out the moisture (sometimes I can see a little), leave it open over night, reinsert the battery and close it up. Basically, giving it time to dry out.  Then it works as long as it doesn't get soaking wet or submerged. So if I use it for a light run or ride, its fine. A long hot ride or under a couple layers that get really wet while running, it dies.  It seems to work thru the workout, then my watch (Fenix 5) can't find it the next time I go to use it after its gotten really wet. I even tried putting a layer of tape/thin rubber over the battery space inside to seal it off, but that didn't work. Its a hassle to constantly open it up to dry it, but if you really have to use the strap, that might work for you until you get a new one (buy or warranty).  There are no cracks on it.  The only thing I can think is happening is that water/sweat is getting in where the plastic is sealed to the fabric/elastic strap part, but I can't see any separation between them.  Garmin has been great about replacing it so I really like their service.  I'm not sure I want to try to warranty it again or buy the "TRI-HRM" thinking its sealed better because it can be used swimming. 

• That's somewhat unfortunate considering they recommend rinsing it off after every use and washing it after every seventh use. I'll give it a try. 

I noticed that a couple months before mine died, it would send a HR reading of 200+ (usually up around 245) after I took it off, so I would have to disconnect from my watch. Otherwise I would get abnormal HR alerts.Did you experience this with any of yours before it stopped sending signals completely?