This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin HRM-run not found

A couple of days ago, my Garmin HRM-run strap stopped working. Because I thought the battery would have just run low, I replaced it with a (kind of expensive) Duracell 2032 battery. So far I have tried two new batteries, but the strap isn't found by my FR645M anymore. I have tried replacing the battery, deleting the strap from my watch and searching for it again. Is there anything else I can do? I'm kind of afraid it has died on me - which would really be frustrating, as I havent' been using it for more than two months. Has anyone got any advice?

• I recently experienced a similar issue: During exhausting workouts (and only during these), for example at high temperatures or with fast paces, my HRM Run stops working after ~50 minutes repeatedly. During the workout I'm not able to reconnect anymore and the status is locked at "Searching...". I assume, sweat or liquid in general is an issue for the strap. When checking the voltage of the battery I measured a perfect 3,0 V. I could not find any cracks or hairline cracks on visual inspection, but I honestly wouldn't expect those after 4 months of training.

Did anyone find a quick solution for this issue? Resetting the strap by inserting the battery the wrong way round did not help either, by the way. Otherwise, I'd try to get a replacement strap from Garmin.

• Try again, but keep focus in moisture. 
    1- be sure the board inside the case is completely dry. Use electronic cleaner or isopropyl alcohol (last resource). 
    2- seal any crack, seal the screw housing. 
    3- be sure that the red o-ring in correctly in place and not twisted before close the cap. Keep it pressed while screwing and do not exceed the torque to avoid another crack. 

• I was having the same issue - problem was that the new battery still had the little safety sticker on the bottom, which I hadn’t noticed when I installed it…it would confuse a stupid person

• After six months dealing with cracks and moisture inside, my HRM-Run is no longer among us. 
    This time it bricked.

I bought a HRM-Dual, seems to me as better overall quality and toughness. 

• I have gone thru 3 straps on my 945..seems they die after about 10 months..i am on battery 3

• Hi all, this is THE GOOD SOLUTION !

If it didn't work afterall, please contact Garmin or a cool colleague with electronicals skills ;)

• HRM Run: 13 months and same symptom: after a battery replacement I had only two or three runs and then stopped.

• I'm puzzled as to why the HR straps aren't rechargeable and the casing permanently sealed.

• I guess because two electric contacts and sweat might mess it up.

• I have gone through numerous HRM bands over the years and finally have one that I have used now for 3 years plus.  My battery replacement routine is as follows:

1. Carefully open the case and remove old battery.

2. Inspect case for signs of moisture and make sure the gasket is in good shape.

3.  Short the two contacts to discharge any stored charge.

4. Let strap sit open overnight to discharge and dry out.

5. Check voltage of new battery - should be 3.2v+

6. Install battery, ensure gasket is well seated, cross tighten case screws.

This has worked for me through 4 or 5 battery changes.  However, I really think strap quality plays into this and I finally got a solid unit.