This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin HRM-run not found

A couple of days ago, my Garmin HRM-run strap stopped working. Because I thought the battery would have just run low, I replaced it with a (kind of expensive) Duracell 2032 battery. So far I have tried two new batteries, but the strap isn't found by my FR645M anymore. I have tried replacing the battery, deleting the strap from my watch and searching for it again. Is there anything else I can do? I'm kind of afraid it has died on me - which would really be frustrating, as I havent' been using it for more than two months. Has anyone got any advice?

• I have just had the same issue, 12 months just stopped working . Wasn't found on Fenix 5+. 130, 520 or Etrex.. For the cost its not worth it, I now use a $30 HR with foot pod and get enough information. I also had teh exact same thing with a Tri HRM..

Seriously not impressed with that piece of kit

• My HRM-Run stopped as well. Then I found this guy at YouTube:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr0_GDK8gFeGm4i2pbeiqrg

Every fail seams to be related to case cracking and humidity inside unit. That drains battery and shortcuts electronics.

The issue is almost the same to everyone.

• Well I am in Cambodia so I guess that could be it but I’ve had the same issue in dry Australia. For me the HRM is a bad design and waste of money. 
    Garmin need to improve that 

• If the user sweat enough or wash it as requested after use, water is going to go inside the case. 

• Hi everyone.My second strap dropped dead and its out of warranty of course.I went through all the option suggested to fix it but nothing happened.I thought there is no way to buy another one again.

I was thinking if humidity built inside the monitor is the actual problem, why not to try and maybe leave in the sun. So i removed the cup and the buttery and left it out in the sun for two hrs. Guess what.After two days of death it came back to life.I am really happy. So try it guys ,may work for you to.

• I posted on this thread (or similar one) a while back saying the same thing. I was putting mine in front of a heat vent to dry it.  However, humidity/moisture can not build up inside unless there is a crack or seal issue. These things are for swimming (the swim or tri HRM straps are no more water proof than the run or bike ones). I would dry mine out, it would work for a few runs/bike rides, then fail. I eventually found a very small crack near one of the screw holes and sealed it with a glue. Didn’t help. After a few more runs it still failed. The drying out method worked a couple more times then the strap stopped working. 

• I had to use sealant around the crack, the screw housing and gasket fit. Now there isn’t moisture inside even after several runs/rides/washes. 
    It’s not a one time solution, but can hold until next battery replacement. 

• The battery voltage and noticed some condensation within the battery housing. I've dried it out, put the same battery back in and the strap is functional once more.

• in two years I have 3 hrmrun broken, all with the same battery discharge problem initially and then not working anymore. Now or decided not to use the Hrmrun anymore because it's just wasted money and using a Polar H10 and a Garmin Dynamic POD. in my opinion the Hrmrun band is Garmin's least reliable product

• Same problem here. Worked yesterday, but stopped today. Replaced battery, but nothing changed....