Discontinue Use of the External Power Supply

Hello Garmin. 

After the warning for the neo bike plus I am very excited to know, what further notice will be. And when. 

Hope we will get an answer soon! And of course a new external power supply, too. Bike costs 3,5 grand. That's not funny. 

Just my two cents 

Nico 

Discontinue Use of the External Power Supply

1. Disconnect the external power supply from the trainer and the wall outlet.
2. Do not use the external power supply until further notice.

• Hi  - Resolving this issue for current customers is our top priority and we will provide a solution regardless of warranty status.  If you'd like to explore options, I recommend you contact your local Garmin Product Support team.

• Hi there, just to inform you, I contacted Garmin Support in Austria this Monday because of lack of Information.

Not any response yet to my questions on how resolve this issue or withdraw from purchase and getting money back.

Kind regards,

Armin

• This is the issue, the silence after a month is deafening. It doesn't look good. They are willingly withholding information Expressionless

• Hi together,

in the meantime I have got a response from Garmin in Munich (DE).

Simply translated by Deepl without any changes:

Hello Armin Gabriel,

Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately, we do not yet have any further, more detailed information to share with you. Our colleagues are currently working on verifying a solution that does not require the entire bike to be replaced. Replacing the bike is currently not a viable option, as we do not know whether the same problem will occur with the next bike.

We know that the issue is unpleasant for everyone involved, but we ask you to continue to be patient.

In the meantime, you can use the Neo Bike Plus without a power connection for ERG training as normal.

Thank you for your understanding and have a nice afternoon.

• The USB charging does not bother me. I see I have a problem in Zwift races, it is more than frustrating. 4K EUR equipment and can not be used properly. I did not have a problem with previous firmware and everything worked. Once a solution can last years. I need the solution now. 

• What problem does this cause you in Zwift racing? I have this bike, and so this issue, and race on Zwift, but not yet raced since updating firmware and disconnecting power supply. So I am interested: what's the issue with racing on Zwift?

• I haven't tried it yet, but since the power supply is used to keep the fly wheel moving when going downhill, you will have to do that on our own now, instead of being able to recover from the climb.

• It hasn't bothered me having to pedal down hills. I have found that it seems to wash the lactic acid out of your legs and you don't have to push high Wattage because the resistance is much lower. Even when I was using the original power supply, I pedaled down the hills to wash out the lactic acid and refresh my legs ready for the next climb. Try it. It's ok.

• Sehe ich genau so. Es ist doch kein Problem, das Bike funktioniert perfekt und es ist doch egal, ob ich im Leerlauf bergab noch ein bisschen die Beine drehen lasse....

• Having used in a race today I think this is kind of right but not totally. Yes, it's no problem peddling on most downhills. And yes the flywheel turning doesn't make you go faster. BUT it does mean you cannot super-tuck, since power needs to go to zero for this to happen. And it is a loss not being able to super-tuck on the longer downhills.