Discontinue Use of the External Power Supply

Hello Garmin. 

After the warning for the neo bike plus I am very excited to know, what further notice will be. And when. 

Hope we will get an answer soon! And of course a new external power supply, too. Bike costs 3,5 grand. That's not funny. 

Just my two cents 

Nico 

Discontinue Use of the External Power Supply

1. Disconnect the external power supply from the trainer and the wall outlet.
2. Do not use the external power supply until further notice.

• Thanks Patrick for the information. This is type of communication is something I expected earlier as it also affects potential customers.

• What are the options for those who have a trainer under warranty?  If this isn't resolved before the warranty is up, I would want to know my options.Thanks

• Garmin offered me a refund. But can you imagine trying to send that thing back?? They do not offer to send anything to pack it in safely. 

• Ok…. Refund via email or chat? 

• I have all the original packaging so that's not an issue. I'd rather sort out shipping than be stuck with a subpar £3000 machine in my house.

• ok thats right..

where did they offer you the return?

• Thanks for responding. The silence makes people think the worst. I have the same questions as others - I am still in the warranty period - am I able to return the bike? I do not have original packaging but even if I did, it would be difficult to repackage. How are returns handled?

• I've been using my bike plus without the external power supply since the notification was sent out. I have lost two things:

1. Loss of downhill assist mode - This just means that I have to pedal down hills - no real problem as I am using it to get fit anyway and pedaling down hill allows lactic acid to flush out of my legs ready for the next hill.
    2. Loss of USB charging - I have my bike connected to a power board that has dual USB high current charge ports on it and I just use those with long USB cables to charge my devices were needed. Failing that, I could use a portable battery pack or other USB power supply.

So, no real major problem. I for one, would prefer that Garmin fix this problem properly and not rush it because of the outcries over loosing two small things. They are not a deal breaker for me. Sure, it's not what I paid for but the quality of the fix is way more important to me than having it happen quickly. Let's try to be patient and let them do their due diligence.

Other platforms have their challenges. Garmin have always looked after their customers well. I'm sticking with my Neo Bike Plus and just riding this small hiccup out. I wouldn't want a refund, even if they offered me one because I did my research on the various bikes out there and this was the one that suited me the best. I have no regrets and know I will look back and chuckle about this in the future.

Your cup can be half full or half empty - it's your choice.

• They have not handled this well. The lack of communication is what is of concern. Since I'm in warranty and possibly have options I would like to know what they are. If this is not sorted before my warranty is up in November (in time for indoor training season). Which is plenty of time to figure out and communicate a solution I would then make a decision based on the options available to me.

The other way I view this, it is a major issue, over a month has passed and still no solution or comms. It seems to me it might be a hardware issue / design flaw and can't be easily resolved by just a software update or they'd have a solution by now, assuming they are treating this as a priority.

I didn't pay for a beta product, in fact I paid for one of the most expensive trainers out there. If I have the option to return it I'd like to know so I can do what's right for myself.