This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Stress measurement off on vivo5

Hi. I wore a vivosmart 4 for almost 3 years. It was a little banged up and I decided to upgrade to the vivosmart 5. My stress with the new device has spiked upwards, my resting hb  is lower and I get intensity minutes for doing nothing. Why is there such a big and to me inaccurate difference with the new device? Can I level set it to what is normal for me? It is stressing me out to see my stress so high!! Grimacing

• I am sure you are looking at my phone as I get the same kinds of readings. Very disappointing~ And I truly loved the vivid 4 and felt it’s readings were accurateFrowning2

• Is it just me, or is this problem fixed? I'm now getting reasonable stress measurements, especially when sleeping. Anybody else?

• Wow!  I gave up and went back to my 4 but I’ll do another wrist to wrist comparison and let you know - that would be great if it were fixed! 

• Hmmm... I don't seem to have a fix on vivo for stress, but have had COVID for three days, so im sure my numbers will be skewed for a while.

• Well - in the wrist to wrist comparison it seems the 5 is unable to measure stress now.  It says 'Measuring, Keep still' and then after a bit it says 'Poor HR Signal - Check watch fit' - so even though it can sense my HR - and it matches exactly to the 4 - it can't sense my stress.  So- again, back to the 4 and confirmation 5 does not work to measure stress.

• Try to keep 5 on your hand longer and just ignore it for at least an hour and check back later. Recently I did a factory reset and vivosmart 5 wasn't able to measure stress, even if I was completely still and HR measurements were perfectly accurate. I kept checking every minute with the same result so I just gave up. After an hour or two, stress measurements suddenly started working fine (automaticly + on demand). Maybe it needs longer period to adjust? 

• Well, after a few days use, I'm still getting good stress readings on my Vivo5. Crossing my fingers that the problem doesn't return.

If Garmin pushed a fix, it would be nice if they told us.

• Well, maybe more good reports may follow yours! 

• I have the same issue. I have had vivosmart 4 for more than 3 years without any issues. I had to switch to vivosmart 5, because there was no way to repair band on 4. I am wearing vivosmart 5 for about a week now. First two days were ok. From then the stress readings are high (75 - 100) even when I am relaxing or asleep, or stress is not measuring at all. Related body battery is of course low - raises during sleep for about 7-10 points. Also sleep score is low.I compared with vivoactive 4, which seems to have good readings. I also did reset to default - seems to have no effect on stress readings, the body battery went to normal level, but declined again. I wonder if it is due to software issue (I have the latest SW installed) or it is just defective product. I will contact service centre to inquire about that.

• The unit is defective.  Garmin doesn't care.  I went back to the Vivosmart4 and I am again working to get my intensity minutes, sleeping and charging well - stress levels are overall low to medium.  They have produced a defective product and they don't care.