This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Stress measurement off on vivo5

Hi. I wore a vivosmart 4 for almost 3 years. It was a little banged up and I decided to upgrade to the vivosmart 5. My stress with the new device has spiked upwards, my resting hb  is lower and I get intensity minutes for doing nothing. Why is there such a big and to me inaccurate difference with the new device? Can I level set it to what is normal for me? It is stressing me out to see my stress so high!! Grimacing

• I am totally in the same place.  Always had daily stress 30-50. Now, it is 75-95!  And, I get intensity minutes for doing nothing-- drinking coffee, reading the paper!  Hundreds of minutes a day sometimes.  Loved my 4-- not loving the 5.  Is thee something I can do to "fix" it? Help~

• I actually wore the 4 on one wrist and the 5 on the other to verify. The 5 level is 2-3 times higher and fluctuates wildly from second to second - up 10, down 20 etc. The heart rate was the exact same on both so clearly this is a stress measurement issue. Unfortunately the high stress reading adversely affects body battery, sleep score, intensity minutes and well - stress scores!  What is left? Heart rate and steps. Garmin - please fix this!!!!

• Unfortunately, my vivosmart 4 died… so can’t do that.

I don’t know what to do next.

• I moved from Instinct solar and stress measurements or HR is basically the same, I see no discrepancy and measurements are not suspiciously high or low. However steps are way overrated (about 2 times higher than what I really walk), most probably because I switched hands and I wear vivosmart 5 on my dominant hand now. 

When you see your stress too high, maybe you can try to measure it with your phone with a camera to compare the results?

For example these two apps are easy to use and results correlate with vivosmart measurements for me.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.welltory.client.android

play.google.com/.../developer

• Thanks, I'll give that a try!

• Same issue here, and the stress tracking is one of the main features I rely on with Garmin. My Vivosmart 5 measure my stress as high constantly, even when I'm sleeping. I have other Garmins (Venu 2, Forerunner 255) that measure much more reasonable readings. e.g., they detect when I lay down for a nap perfectly with the stress readings. The vivo5 does not detect this at all. 

It's really disappointing because otherwise I love the device. I just wish they'd fix the stress tracking because it's definitely broken!

• Heart rate is exact same on vivosmart4 and vivosmart5 with devices worn simultaneously - so it is not the heart rate - it is the stress measurement that is highly inaccurate.  

• I got 11 intensity minutes today for nothing.  I used to have to work for my 150 intensity minutes a week!!  I am officially calling this Vivosmart5 a piece of crap.  I think they calibrated it to elephants maybe and with a heartbeat around 70-75 resting - I don't get stress levels below 20 - no resting minutes - ever.  It is total BS - DO NOT BUY.

• With stress measurement off - my body battery doesn't get above 25, I get hundreds of intensity minutes per week for doing nothing, my sleep score is consistently 'Poor' - all that is left is counting steps and heart rate.  Pretty sure my phone can do that for me.