This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Painful, Itchy Rash

WHY? But more importantly, why is Garmin still selling these? It took about two days for my skin the crack open. GARMIN: I'd like to hear from you.

Top Replies

• We are sorry to hear about the issue you are reporting. The skin irritation may be a result of build-up on the watch band and/or casing. You should discontinue wearing your watch until your skin…

• We will need you to reach out to us directly through our Support Center to resolve this rather than the forums. We will need to request information from you that we would not request in the public…

All Replies

• interesting looking forerunner 645 you got there

• I assume this is some model of vivosmart, so I've moved your thread to the vivosmart forum. 

GARMIN: I'd like to hear from you.

For Garmin's response...

Any user who experiences any sort of skin irritation will need to reach out to us directly at support.garmin.com. We will need to gather information from you that we would not ask for in a public forum. These complaints are taken seriously and we will work to find the most suitable solution as quickly as possible. 
  • We are sorry to hear about the issue you are reporting. The skin irritation may be a result of build-up on the watch band and/or casing. You should discontinue wearing your watch until your skin has healed. Please review the following FAQ that provides important information regarding the wear and care of your Garmin watch: https://www.garmin.com/watch-fit-and-care/. If you feel that this issue warrants further discussion please reach out to Garmin Product Support via our Garmin Support Center.

• Your bands are toxic. There are complaints about rashes all over you message boards. First of all, the rashes start right after FIRST use. Second, washing the watch/band with alcohol doesn't help, and I'm not going to try toxic cleaners. Third, I discussed use several times until the rashes healed, but every single time they come back. Garmin KNOWS about the toxicity of it's products and has for a long time. But Garmin doesn't warn consumers, however, or provide a remedy. Nope, it just takes our money and causes us actual physical pain. Garmin needs to do something about this.

• We will need you to reach out to us directly through our Support Center to resolve this rather than the forums. We will need to request information from you that we would not request in the public forums. These complaints are something we take seriously and will work with you to find the most suitable resolution.