This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Rash or Irritation happening on my wrist by the vivoactive 3

I've notified Garmin support on this already (haven't heard back yet). Am wondering what effective ways to prevent this? I've tried switching wrists (rash is now on both wrists)...washing the watch (and drying it). Taking it off periodically. I love the watch and features...but don't like this rash that is happening! Seems to be isolated to over the sensors (and/or the power cord plug in). Attached are some photos. ciq.forums.garmin.com/.../1278623.jpg ciq.forums.garmin.com/.../1278624.jpg
  • I got the exact same rash on both wrists, now I've stopped using it for a while, it has subsided, but it's not all gone. I'm gonna try to find this cream, will schedule a doctor visit as well. I've never had it with other watches before.

• I have the same Problem with all garmin wristbands. The simple solution is to buy a replace wristband which is not original (can be a cheap one from the chinese) an replace the original.

I never had allergical problems with wristbands except the one from garmin.

If you have an allergical reaction don´t use the band again, no cream will fix this.

• I had this pretty bad at first. I washed the band every night with soap and let it dry thoroughly. I also put cortisone cream on the rash and switched wrists daily. After the rash heeled, I had no additional problem. I still wash the band often and wear it fairly loose  but I no longer change wrists and have no problemas. All that said, it was pretty bad and Garmin should find a solution..

• I had this and after discussion with Garmin, they replaced the strap with one of the ones from the FR235. No rash since then. In my case it seems to be due to the buckle half of the strap being solid. The new one has holes and this lets air in etc.

• My rash was definitely under the sensor. The first time I noticed it, summer time, it was hot, so I wore my Vivo on the other wrist for about a week. It cleared up. A few months later I noticed not just a rash but a weird, smooth red circle, the size of the sensor. It didn't hurt, but it felt 'dense' almost hard. I was pretty alarmed and switched to the other wrist again. After 2 weeks, it looked like it was clearing up, then it came back (the only time I took a picture of my wrist)..... and I still wasn't wearing on that wrist! Freaky. A bit of a rash started developing on the other wrist. I was becoming pretty alarmed at this so I stopped wearing it altogether. The plastic over the sensor seems to have cracks through it, although why these cracks would appear I haven't a clue. I wore it all the time except in the shower, never dropped it, no impacts of any sort.

I know I probably should have contacted Garmin, but haven't. I haven't seen any one else post anything about a smooth hard disk developing on their wrist. Maybe I'm an anomaly. But having had a brush with cancer a few years back, not sure I want to wear something that causes such a reaction. It is sending and receiving data all the time as well. My doctor poo poo'd my concerns (but this was before the disk developed), but I don't feel much of a need to track my fitness and sleep any more. 

Sharing my experience here in case any one has had a similar experience.

• My rash was definitely under the sensor. The first time I noticed it, summer time, it was hot, so I wore my Vivo on the other wrist for about a week. It cleared up. A few months later I noticed not just a rash but a weird, smooth red circle, the size of the sensor. It didn't hurt, but it felt 'dense' almost hard. I was pretty alarmed and switched to the other wrist again. After 2 weeks, it looked like it was clearing up, then it came back (the only time I took a picture of my wrist)..... and I still wasn't wearing on that wrist! Freaky. A bit of a rash started developing on the other wrist. I was becoming pretty alarmed at this so I stopped wearing it altogether. The plastic over the sensor seems to have cracks through it, although why these cracks would appear I haven't a clue. I wore it all the time except in the shower, never dropped it, no impacts of any sort.

I know I probably should have contacted Garmin, but haven't. I haven't seen any one else post anything about a smooth hard disk developing on their wrist. Maybe I'm an anomaly. But having had a brush with cancer a few years back, not sure I want to wear something that causes such a reaction. It is sending and receiving data all the time as well. My doctor poo poo'd my concerns (but this was before the disk developed), but I don't feel much of a need to track my fitness and sleep any more. 

Sharing my experience here in case any one has had a similar experience.

• I have been having the same problem with the rash.

• but have had mine for a year and only the last few weeks the rash has appeared On top of my wrist where the plug is to recharge 

• Any user who experiences any sort of skin irritation will need to reach out to us directly at support.garmin.com. We will need to gather information from you that we would not ask for in a public forum. These complaints are taken seriously and we will work to find the most suitable solution as quickly as possible.