This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

A bit disappointed tbh

There are some good stuff in here:

• the screen seems sharp and some nice watch faces / widgets + infos on device from the few videos I've seen.
  • sleep score (overdue but nice to have it on a band)
  • replaceable band (will we get a leather or soft band, hopefully from a 3rd party soon)
  • standard charging cable 

I do not understand why no more altimeter (good bye floor count / objectives) especially w/ the price  going up.

Still missing stuff I was hoping like

• GarminPay 
  • Smart Alarms

I've ordered one to replace my VA4, hoping the recovery status on the Epix can leverage sleep score / stress levels measured on the VS5 to adjust recovery, and workout suggestions based on this data.

• I could regret down the road but made the upgrade. Gave the VS4 to my father that just loves it.

For my intended use is a nice upgrade.

It doesn't feel bigger during sleep and walk around but the display is nicer with more information. 

The health metrics are more in-line with fenix 6 values  than VS4. Respiration rate, sleep etc

Since I only use at home don't care about staircases

• Quick follow up as I have received it yesterday, first feeling it that it's bulky when you come from a VS4. Today I am getting used to it a little bit more, the band feels softer on the VS4, but may be the VS5 will soften over time.

I must confess I love the typographies on the different watch face, and the ability to choose different data fields. 

It comes preloaded with 2.30 firmware but I immediately got 2.42 when syncing on the laptop. 

I choose to have SpO2 during sleep and it took like 10-15% off the battery overnight but it is still the same 0-4am tracking as before, not the full sleeping hours as on Garmin watches.

I've noticed that the sleep score and phases are synced to the Epix (I can see my sleep in the widget as if I slept with the Epix) and I'll have to check if a good / excellent sleep score impact the recovery time.

Still - as expected - no body battery true-up.

I hope some 3rd party leather bands will arrive soon.

Finally nice thing I notice, you can now turn off the device from the settings menu. (I've not found how to do it on the VS4)